Parks and Recreation FAQ

Parks and Recreation FAQ

Parks and Recreation - General

How do I find a park or facility?

We recommend doing a park search and selecting your criteria. This will provide you a list of what you might be looking for.

How do I get a RecCard?

If you or your family is new to the Tampa Parks and Recreation Department, you must first visit one of our facilities to create an account. Don't forget to bring the following with you:

  • Valid government issued identification
  • Copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, check stub, or other document that lists your address (must match address on the government issued identification)
  • Copy of birth certificate, school records, valid government issued identification, or medical records with the date of birth for each minor child in the household

Our staff will take this information and enter it into our RecTrac Registration Software and create an account for you. If you would like to access your account via Internet, be sure to provide a valid email address and let the staff know you would like your User ID and Password emailed to you. While you are there, you may also purchase your RecCard(s).

If you or your family already has an account with Tampa Parks and Recreation, all you need to do is log in to your account and click on memberships on the left column. Once there you can search for the appropriate pass, add it to your cart, and checkout.

Please note that your account must have the following for you to purchase a pass online:

  • Valid email address
  • Birthdate for the member for which you are purchasing the pass
What forms of payment do you accept?
  • Our center and aquatic facilities accept cash, check, and money order. Some locations are also now taking credit card payments (Visa, Mastercard, and American Express).
  • At our main office, marina, and gymnastics gyms we accept cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
What is a RecCard?

A RecCard is an annual pass required to participate in most programs and activities offered by the City of Tampa Parks and Recreation Department. Additionally, the RecCard also has some great benefits: use of open gym, fitness rooms, open swim and computer lab at community centers, at no additional cost. Materials and supplies, memberships, camps, clinics, lessons, classes, and/or instructor-led programs may not be included.

We offer both individual and family RecCards for all ages to residents and non-residents. A family is defined as a maximum of two adults and dependent children under 18 years old residing in same household. For a list of fees for each RecCard please view our Fee Schedule.

What passes can I purchase/renew online?

Currently we allow established households to purchase or renew:

  • Annual RecCards, Family and Individual
  • Annual or Monthly Joe Abrahams Memberships
  • Annual or Seasonal Lap Swim Passes
Why do you need a copy of my child's birth certificate?

Parents with any youth under 18 years of age are required to bring in the child's birth certificate (or other valid government ID) in order to verify their age.

Why do you need to see a copy of my utility bill?

In order to establish your family as a household in our system, we require two forms of address identification, one being your valid government issued ID and the other is usually a utility bill. The purpose for requesting a utility bill is because we have different RecCard fees based on your residency. The address identification items assist us in determining your residency status.

Parks and Recreation - Employment

Are there employment opportunities available at Tampa Parks and Recreation?

The City of Tampa is operating with hiring restrictions; however, there may be current employment opportunities available. Additionally, the Tampa Parks and Recreation Department begins taking applications for summer employment in February.

Can I apply for more than one position?

Yes; however each position requires a separate application. Therefore, we highly recommend that you register as a MyTampaGov member before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications.

When completing your Supplemental Form for a summer seasonal position, you may indicate one or more positions that you would like to be considered for.

Do I need transportation?

Yes. All employees must have reliable transportation to and from work.