After School Program & No School Camps
Your park is the coolest place to be after school! Tampa Parks and Recreation Department After School Activity Program (ASAP) provides a safe, supportive environment for children 5-12 years of age. Participants receive homework help, participate in team sports, games and fitness activities, explore the arts and develop lifetime friendships. A current Rec Card and registration is required to participate. The program is free, but space is limited and filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
ASAP registration for the 2015/2016 school year is now open. Make sure to register your child before sites fill up!
2015-2016 Program schedule
August 25, 2015 to June 10, 2016*
Monday - Friday from 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.**
*City of Tampa locations are closed in observance of the following holidays:
- Labor Day, September 7, 2015
- Veterans Day, November 11, 2015
- Thanksgiving, November 26 & 27, 2015
- Christmas, December 24 & 25, 2015
- New Year's, January 1, 2016
- Dr. MLK Day, January 18, 2016
- Spring Day/Good Friday, March 25, 2016
- Memorial Day, May 30. 2016
**Except for holidays. Early release days will be from 1:00 - 6:00 p.m.
No School Day and Break Camps
Tampa Parks and Recreation Department's No School Day Camps and Break Camps provides an alternative for days when school is not in session. Each day will be filled with a variety of activities including arts & crafts, special events, and physical & recreational activities. These camps run from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
No School Camp Days 2015/2016
- Monday, August 24, 2015
- Monday, October 26, 2015
- Tuesday, January 19, 2016
- Friday, February 5, 2016
- Fall Break Week, November 23-25, 2015
- Winter Break Week One, December 21-23, 2015
- Winter Break Week Two, December 28-31, 2015
- Spring Break Week, March 14-18, 2016
2015 Recreation Guide to Programs
If your child will be joining us for any recreation programs, including After School, we encourage you to please review our Recreation Guide for Programs with your child. This guide was put together to provide you with information about our recreation programs, including general information, contact information, and all around expectations.