After School Program & No School Camps
Your park is the coolest place to be after school! Tampa Parks and Recreation Department After School Activity Program (ASAP) provides a safe, supportive environment for children 5-12 years of age. Participants receive homework help, participate in team sports, games and fitness activities, explore the arts and develop lifetime friendships. A current Rec Card and registration is required to participate. The program is free, but space is limited and filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Recreation Guide to Programs
If your child will be joining us for any recreation programs, including After School, we encourage you to please review our Recreation Guide for Programs with your child. This guide was put together to provide you with information about our recreation programs, including general information, contact information, and all around expectations.
This is a tentative schedule for the 2016/2017 school year and is subject to change. Registration will begin in late May/early June.
2016-2017 Program schedule
August 10, 2016 to May 26, 2017*
Monday - Friday from 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.**
*City of Tampa locations are closed in observance of the following holidays:
- Labor Day, September 5, 2016
- Veterans Day, November 11, 2016
- Thanksgiving, November 24 & 25, 2016
- Christmas, December 23 & 26, 2016
- New Year's, January 2, 2017
- Dr. MLK Day, January 16, 2017
- Spring Day/Good Friday, April 14, 2017
**Except for holidays. Early release days will be from 1:00 - 6:00 p.m.
No School Day and Break Camps
Tampa Parks and Recreation Department's No School Day Camps and Break Camps provides an alternative for days when school is not in session. Each day will be filled with a variety of activities including arts & crafts, special events, and physical & recreational activities. These camps run from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
No School Camp Days 2016/2017
- Monday, October 10, 2016
- Friday, February 10, 2017
- Monday, February 20, 2017
- Fall Break Week, November 21-23, 2016
- Winter Break Week One, December 19-22, 2016*
- Winter Break Week Two, December 27-30, 2016*
- Spring Break Week, March 13-17, 2017
*Dates are subject to change