Gym And Dance Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to the Tampa Parks and Recreation Department's Gymnastic & Dance Program
We offer a gymnastics and dance program from tots to teens: from our preschool classes to our skilled boys and girls classes. We facilitate a relaxed and fun environment where every child will feel comfortable learning.
This page will give you a picture of our activities, rules and regulations. Please read it thoroughly and familiarize yourself with its sections.
- There is no food or drinks allowed in the gym, mini-gym, or dance rooms
- Please be on time for your classes. Late arrivals are disruption as well as missing warm-ups and stretches. Athletes more than 10 minutes late will not be allowed to participate.
- All athletes must come dressed and prepared for class
Female Gymnasts - Leotard, nothing on legs or feet (no tights or socks). Avoid wearing beads, barrettes, balls, or other bulky hair accessories as they interfere with performance and can be painful.
Male Gymnasts - Soft shorts and T-Shirt. No zippers, snaps, or buttons, bare feet.
Dancers - Black Leotard, Pink tights, tan tap shoes, and pink ballet shoes
- Children must be picked up in the lobby when class is over. They can not meet you in the parking lot. Our coaches teach classes back to back and supervision is not available outside of regular class time. Safety comes first!
- Please do not bring children when they are sick.
- All important notices are posted on the bulletin board in the lobby.
- Coaches do not have a break between classes for lengthy discussions.
Please don't hesitate to contact our staff if you have any questions or concerns.
Wayne C. Papy Athletic Center New Tampa Recreation Center
(813) 231-5273 or 231-5272 (813) 975-2794
How can we help? Use the Customer Service Center for the following inquiries.
Tampa Gym and Dance - Use this service for Tampa Gym and Dance Program general inquiries.
Tampa Gym and Dance Interest List Sign Up Form - Use our interest list form to add your child's name to the interest list.
Please Note: Due to the large volume of calls we receive, we are unable to return calls in regards to status. You will only be contacted by mail, email or phone by staff when your name comes up on the list.
Parks and Recreation - Use this service for general information or to inquire about programs and services available through Tampa Parks and Recreation Department.