Picnic Shelter Reservations
Every year we have thousands of patrons hold their birthday parties, weddings, and other gatherings at one of our many picnic shelters. What better way to enjoy Tampa's great outdoors and Florida's wonderful weather than to reserve your picnic shelter today!
Although a reservation is not required to use a picnic shelter, availability may be limited during peak season times. Picnic shelters can be used on the first come, first serve basis, unless it is reserved. Reservations must be made a minimum of 3 business days in advance and up to 365 days in advance.
We have picnic shelters available throughout the city. Our more popular or major park locations (listed below) are reserved at our Shelter Reservation Office located at 3402 W. Columbus Drive, Tampa, Florida 33607. Office hours are from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Before visiting our main office, we recommend you take a look at the park, find a shelter that will fit your group size, and submit a request to check availability.
- Al Lopez Park
- Ballast Point Park
- Copeland Park
- Cypress Point Park
- Fred Ball Park Gazebo
- Lowry Park
- Macfarlane Park
- Picnic Island Beach
- Rowlett Park
- Sulphur Springs Park
For any of our other locations not listed above, search our facilities and contact them directly.
Rules & Regulations
Before renting a shelter or gazebo, please be aware that there are rules and regulations you must adhere to and therefore we recommend you spend a few minutes to review these.
Full payment must be made at the time of the original rental request. A valid photo ID is required for all transactions. You can pay for your permit with cash, check, money order, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Checks and money orders should be made out to the City of Tampa. Currently credit card payments are only accepted at our main office.
Refund and rescheduling information is below.
If inclement weather prevents the use of the shelter you may reschedule your event or request a refund with proper notification.
- To request a refund due to a rain-out, call and notify the Shelter Reservation Office, on the first business day after your scheduled event date, at (813)274-5740 or (813)274-5743 during the business hours listed above.
- If payment was made by credit card, the monies will be reimbursed back on the same credit card.
- If payment was made by cash, check or money order, a refund check will be mailed. Issuance of refund checks takes approximately 4-6 weeks.
- Refunds will only be given to the person/organization whose name appears on the check or credit card; or if paid by cash or money order, the person who is the primary guardian of the household.
- A $15 processing fee will be assessed for all refunds/cancellations even for rain-outs. The only exception to waiving the processing fee is if the City or Department have an unexpected closure of the park to maintain the safety of our patrons.
- Once a shelter has been occupied, regardless of the length of time, there are no refunds due to rain or bad weather.
Changing or Rescheduling
If you need to modify an existing reservation including changing the time, date, etc., it must be done at least five (5) business days prior to the scheduled reservation date. All modifications are subject to availability.
- Any date and/or location changes must be made in person and you must bring in your receipt to the Shelter Reservation Office.
- You may decide to reschedule your event due to rain or bad weather. All rescheduled events are subject to availability.
- There is a $15 processing fee for any event that is rescheduled more than once, regardless of the reason for reschedule.
Additional Helpful Tips
Regardless of what type of event you plan on having here are some helpful tips to make your event a success:
- Illegal substances, alcoholic beverages, and glass containers are prohibited.
- Nothing, including decorations, may be affixed to the shelter or tables.
- Vehicles may not drive on the turf/grass or in unauthorized areas.
- Fires must be confined to grills.
- Petting zoos, amusement rides, water games/slide, horseshoes and paintball games are prohibited.
- Moon bounces are allowed; however, the company must have a current certificate insurance on file, naming the City as an additional insured. Moon bounces are limited to one (1) per shelter rental and may not exceed the following dimensions (20' length, 20' width, 17' height).
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times, except in designated dog parks. Pet owners are responsible for picking up after their pets.
- Groups of 301 or more anticipated attendees is considered a special event and requires submission of a Special Event Application.