Picnic Shelter Reservations
Picnic Shelter Reservations
City parks are a favorite place for special events, family get-togethers and office outings. Picnic shelters and gazebos are available to rent. All rental requests are on a first-come, first-served basis; are subject to approval by the City of Tampa Parks and Recreation Department, and require a Facility Use Permit.
It is recommended you make your reservation well in advance. To make a request for a picnic shelter reservation, please submit a reservation request through the Customer Service Center.
For faster service, visit our office:
Parks with Shelters that can be Rented
Click on the link to the park to look at the park maps provided, find a shelter that will fit your group size. To make a request for a picnic shelter reservation, please submit a reservation request through the Customer Service Center.
|Al Lopez Park||Copeland Park||Fred Ball Park Gazebo||Macfarlane Park||Rowlett Park|
|Ballast Point Park||Cypress Point Park||Lowry Park||Picnic Island Park Beach||Sulphur Springs Park|
Hillsborough County Parks and Recreation also has picnic shelter rentals. View Hillsborough County Parks and Recreation Picnic Shelters.
Rental Rules & Regulations
Before renting a shelter or gazebo, please be aware that there arerules and regulations you must adhere to. Download the Picnic Shelter and Open Space Rules & Regulations.
Full rental payment must be made as soon as the original rental request is taken. You can pay for your permit with a check or money order made out to the City of Tampa, or in person with a Visa or MasterCard credit card or cash. A valid photo ID is required for all transactions. Please see our Picnic Shelter and Open Space Rules regarding refunds and cancellations.
Requests for Refund/Rescheduling Due to Rain-out
If inclement weather prevents the use of the shelter you may reschedule your event or request a refund with proper notification. To reschedule your event or request a refund due to a rain-out:
- The first business day after your rental, call and notify the Shelter Reservation Office at (813) 274-5740 or 275-5743. The Shelter Reservation Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Refunds will be reimbursed to the credit card. If payment was made by cash or check, a refund check will be mailed to the address of the person/organization paying the rental/damage deposit fee. Issuance of refund checks takes approximately 4-6 weeks. A $15 processing fee will be assessed for all refunds/cancellations.
- Refunds will only be given to the person/company whose name appears on the check or if paying cash, the person who signed the Facility Use Permit.
- Once a shelter is occupied, there are no refunds due to rain or bad weather.
- All rescheduled events are subject to availability.
If you need to modify an existing reservation (change the time, date, etc.), it must be done at least seven (7) days prior to the scheduled use. All modifications are subject to availability.
- Modifying at date and/or location must be made in person. You must bring in your Facility Use form to the Shelter Reservation Office, located at 3402 W. Columbus Drive, Tampa, FL 33607. The Shelter Reservation Office is open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Refunds/Cancellations: A $15 processing fee will be charged for all cancellations/refunds.
Helpful Planning Information
- Illegal substances, alcoholic beverages and glass containers are prohibited.
- Nothing, including decorations, may be affixed to the shelter or tables.
- Vehicles may not drive on the turf/grass or in unauthorized areas.
- Fires must be confined to grills.
- Petting zoos, amusement rides, water games/slide, horseshoes and paintball games are prohibited. Moon bounces are allowed, however, the company must have a current certificate insurance on file, naming the City as an additional insured. Moon bounces are limited to one (1) per shelter rental and may not exceed the following dimensions (20' length, 20' width, 17' height).
InsuranceForms and Instructions for Moonbounce and Gaming Companies
- Dogs must be kept on leash at all times, except in designated dog parks. Pet owners are responsible for picking up after their pets.
- Groups of 200 or more anticipated attendees will be considered a special event, and require submission of a Special Event Application.