Enterprise Change Management (Ecm)
Enterprise Change Management (ECM)
Enterprise Change Management is the systemic deployment of change management skills, tools and processes throughout an organization.
Through the use of ECM our goal is to
- improve the utilization of resources
- create a competitive advantageand
- ensure our projects meet their goals
The main elements necessary for ECM are:
- Common set of processes and tools to manage the people side of change.
- Leadership knowledge at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic capability that enables the organization to be flexible, change ready and responsive to market changes.
ECM Deployment Process
The ECM deployment process has three main phrases: Vision, Strategy and Implementation.
Define Future State: Although this may change, it is important to understand where you are going.
Assess Current State: Determine challenges and conduct a gap analysis of current and future states.
Engage Primary Sponsor: Sponsorship is KEY.
Form and Prepare Project Team: Must represent the main groups that are involved in applying change management over time.
Select Deployment Strategy: Define the appropriate strategy to fit your organization.
Build Project Plan
Create Change Management Plans: Develop communication, sponsorship, coaching, resistance management and training plans.
Create and Present Business Case: Specific to organization
Implement Integrated Plan: Pulls together project and change management activities into an executable plan.