TampaGov Milestones and Major Activities
- 03/27/2017 Language translation added to the City of Tampa's TampaGov.net web site using the free Google Website Translator.
- 09/01/2016 The City of Tampa's TampaGov.net web site received 4th Place in the City Portal Category in the Center for Digital Government's Best of the Web Awards for 2016.
- 01/12/2016 TampaGov receives a complete redesign that presents a more modern look and feel with significantly improved search results and mobile device usability.
- 10/2015 LiveStream implemented to provide live, online streaming of the City’s CTTV channel in a format that is compatible with almost all desktop and mobile devices.
- 09/2015 Miscellaneous Accounts Receivables Payments implemented to allow online payment of Police Extra Duty, Police False Alarms, Fire False Alarms, Fire Inspections, Fire Permits, McKay Bay Autoscale, Wastewater Disposals, Water Portable Meters, Water Connections, Interlocal Agreements, and Other Miscellaneous Bills.
- 08/2015 Performance Measurement Dashboard implemented to provide transparency and accountability in government.
- 02/2015 Public Art Tour implemented to allow citizens to take an online virtual tour of the City’s public art collection.
- 08/28/2014 TampaGov migrated to the Drupal web content management system. TampaGov.net now has a responsive design allowing our customers access using their smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop workstations.
- 04/29/2014 Riverwalk Web Tour implemented to allow citizens take an online virtual tour of the 2.6 mile Tampa Riverwalk.
- 01/08/2014 City Mobile App announced to compliment the Tampagov website and expand the avenues for citizens to connect with City government.
- 09/04/2013 The Center for Digital Government Best of the Web and Digital Government Achievement Awards for 2013 were announced today. The City of Tampa's Tampagov.net web site received 4th Place in the City Portal Category.
- 01/03/2013 Online Civil Citation Inquiries and Payments service expanded to include Water Department issued civil citations in addition to Tampa Police issued civil citations.
- 11/1/2012 The City of Tampa Parking Division upgraded their online payment and services system in order to offer more online services and be more customer-friendly. Improvements include online access to improved payment system and account management, new license plate permitting for monthly parking, payment reminders via email, recurring payment with credit cards, pay multiple items with one transaction and self managed waiting list showing where you are in the queue for the next available parking space.
- 08/23/2012 The City of Tampa's Tampagov.net web site was a City Portal Category finalist in the Center for Digital Government Best of the Web and Digital Government Achievement Awards for 2012
- 08/23/2012 Tampa Police issued Civil Citation inquiries and payments may now be paid online.
- 08/01/2012 We now accept American Express Credit Cards for our online payment services (Business Tax Receipts, Construction Permits, Monthly Parking Permits, Parking Tickets, Police Traffic Accident Reports, Utility Bills).
- 06/21/2012 The City of Tampa implements mobile device friendly web pages.
- 05/31/2012 City passes the $4,000,000 mark in ecommerce services payments for a single month.
- 05/03/2012 TampaGov receives a complete redesign. The website's improved modern look also comes with enhanced features like a new interactive map service and streamlined information, as well as enhanced search and menu options. The site now has integrated social networking facilities throughout, including the Foursquare heat map, which is being utilized in the downtown Master Plan. The redesign also features increased multimedia options including slide shows of photos, special reports, and video.
- 01/26/2012 Facilities added to allow sharing of TampaGov pages via Twitter and Facebook, creating a PDF version of a page, printing a page or sending a link to the page via a Yahoo, Google, Hotmail, or the user's default email account.
- 09/01/2011 Finalist in the 2011 Best of the Web
- 07/21/2011 Photo Upload service is now available, allowing visitors to upload images.
- 05/26/2011 TampaGov receives a minor facelift with improved navigation on the home page.
- 03/31/2011 Zoning Notice Registration application implemented.
- 01/31/2011 City passes the $3,000,000 mark in ecommerce services payments for a single month
- 10/01/2010 City of Tampa Television (CTTV) programming is now available at CTTV On Demand Videos. Visitors are able to locate programs by name and date, access available meeting agendas, and utilize closed captioning service when available.
- 09/14/2010 Many City of Tampa videos are now available on YouTube.
- 05/18/2010 Receive vital updates when a hurricane is threatening our city or about crime trends in your neighborhood. When you subscribe for emergency notifications, with the Alert Tampa Service.
- 11/03/2009 Information Technology Standards openly published
- 11/03/2009 2nd Place in the 2009 Digital Cities Survey
- 08/25/2009 5th Place in the 2009 Best of the Web
- 06/01/2009 Follow the "tweets" as the City launches it's presence on Twitter
- 04/02/2009 Construction Services Fee Estimator service
- 01/28/2009 Tampa Authorities deploy latest technology for Super Bowl Security - With nearly a quarter of a million people in Tampa for Super Bowl-related activities, efforts to ensure tight security communications and response surrounding the event are underway with E-SPONDER's integrated solution for planning, tracking and reporting of all security matters surrounding the game.
- 01/15/2009 The City now posts many activities on Facebook
- 11/12/2008 5th Place in the 2008 Digital Cities Survey
- 07/30/2008 City passes the $2,000,000 mark in ecommerce services payments for a single month
- 11/29/2007 MyTampaGov was upgraded to a contemporary look-and-feel including standardized navigation, user-friendly customization options, and an updated "Today In Tampa" section
- 11/13/2007 3rd Place in the 2007 Digital Cities Survey
- 09/20/2007 1st Place in the 2007 Best of the Web
- 05/31/2007 9th generation home page implemented delivering a contemporary look and feel, with stronger content organization and standardized navigation consistent throughout the site (archived image)
- 05/08/2007 Find a Tampa Neighborhood facility provides up-to-date information access to the organized City of Tampa neighborhoods; specific neighborhood access is linked via a map, by entering an address, or by selecting a neighborhood through a menu of neighborhood names; information includes neighborhood association contacts, neighborhood meeting schedules, photographs, area demographics, land use, printable maps, and unique characteristics such as City Council districts, evacuation and flood zones, hospitals, libraries, parks, and schools
- 05/08/2007 MyTampaAddress mapping facility enhanced to provide direct access to a specific address attribute of interest such as City Council District, Evacuation Zone, Lawn Watering Restrictions, Neighborhood, Property Tax File, Street Sweeping Schedule and more
- 05/08/2007 TampaGov re-architected with uniform access areas for the portal and all City departments for the following categories: About Us, Contact Us, Frequently Asked Questions, Information Resources, News and Events; and Programs and Services
- 04/30/2007 A+ Rating in 2006 National Policy Research Council Excellence in Egovernment Award
- 03/22/2007 Stormwater Capital Improvement Projects service introduced to provide information on current and planned capital improvement projects for the next five years, including interactive maps, photos and other related documents
- 02/14/2007 News & Public Notices enhanced to allow a single news item to be displayed on multiple news listings
- 01/04/2007 Museum Membership payments enhanced to use a streamlined and more user friendly look and feel
- 12/31/2006 39 million web pages requested during 2006; >$10.5 million in payments during 2006 via TampaGov
- 11/28/2006 2nd Place in the 2006 Digital Cities Survey
- 11/08/2006 Construction Express Permits payments enhanced to use a streamlined and more user friendly look and feel
- 08/30/2006 City passes the $1,000,000 mark in ecommerce services payments for a single month
- 08/28/2006 2nd Place in 2006 Best of the Web
- 08/23/2006 Business Tax Renewal payments enhanced to use a streamlined and more user friendly look and feel
- 08/03/2006 Capital Improvement Projects facility introduced with project information and access by maps, by titles, and by departments
- 08/01/2006 Police Traffic Accident Report Online Requests enhanced to use a streamlined and more user friendly look and feel
- 07/12/2006 8th generation home page implemented delivering a contemporary look and feel and providing innovative buttons for streamline access to dynamic content and popular guides; and quick access to employment and online payment services (archived image)
- 06/14/2006 Fire Rescue calls for service maps introduced to provide graphical, location-based views of Fire Rescue calls for service
- 06/12/2006 Employee pages added to serve current, prospective and retired City employees
- 05/22/2006 Text only version of TampaGov is provided to aid in accessibility for citizens with extremely slow Internet connections
- 05/17/2006 Police calls for service maps and Traffic advisory maps introduced to provide graphical, location-based views of Police calls for service and Traffic related calls for service
- 03/28/2006 Podcasts introduced to supplement RSS Feeds: Mayor's Hour programming and many other MP3 files are available
- 03/17/2006 TampaGov Customer Service Center a finalist in the 2006 Stockholm Challenge Award
- 03/01/2006 Maps and directions enhanced using custom Google Maps; facility now includes integrated aerial / satellite views and driving directions
- 02/22/2006 RSS Feeds introduced for numerous facilities including calendars and events; employment openings; meeting agendas; news and notices; and police, fire, and traffic related calls for service
- 12/31/2005 22 million web pages requested during 2005
- 12/15/2005 Parking Ticket inquiries/payments and Monthly Parking Permit payments enhanced to use a streamlined and more user friendly look and feel
- 12/05/2005 2nd Place in the 2005 Digital Cities Survey
- 10/05/2005 Utility bill inquiry/payment service enhanced including faster access by more than 75%
- 10/04/2005 3rd Place in 2005 Best of the Web
- 07/26/2005 Subscription (email) services introduced for electronic newsletters, event notices, and other announcements
- 07/06/2005 Search facility enhanced using Google technologies for improved results to search inquiries
- 06/09/2005 Spanish pages implemented
- 05/31/2005 7th generation home page implemented with innovative tabs to streamline access to news and notices, online services, today's calendar, and top 10 requests and other FAQs (archived image)
- 05/04/2005 Consolidated announcements (public news & notices) facility enhanced for easier access to postings of interest
- 03/01/2005 City of Tampa assumed management of the online payment facility and all Internet processing fees were eliminated; customers can now use TampaGov to pay their utility bill, parking citations, various construction permits, and other commonly billed services and not incur an Internet processing fee
- 01/06/2005 MyTampaGov account integration with the TampaGov home page, featuring quick access to bookmarked site pages
- 12/31/2004 >18 million web pages requested during 2004
- 12/22/2004 Street Sweeping Routes Schedule provides graphical views of planned, current, and previous street cleaning
- 12/15/2004 Consolidated calendar facility enhanced for easier access to events of interest
- 12/02/2004 4th Place in 2004 Digital Cities Survey
- 10/05/2004 TampaGov Customer Service Center a finalist for 2004 Digital Government Achievement Award
- 09/01/2004 dynamic emergency conditions resource area established to allow citizens to enter their street address to determine their evacuation zone, shelter locations, emergency phone numbers and more; and a red emergency information banner on the home page is incorporated with this facility, which remains until the emergency condition passes
- 08/03/2004 10,000th MyTampaGov account established
- 06/16/2004 Tampa Address Characteristics provided via the My Tampa Address facility enabling quick access to a list of (and links to) nearby places including Parks, Public Schools, Police and Fire Stations, Hospitals, and other points of interest; along with a map and regional characteristics such as Neighborhood, Census Tract, Council District and more
- 03/04/2004 6th generation home page implemented with integration to the 300+ services accessible via the Customer Service Center (previously known as the Message Center) (archived image)
- 02/27/2004 City of Tampa Television (CTTV) live webcast changed to Windows Media format
- 12/31/2003 >13 million web pages requested during 2003
- 12/08/2003 1st Place in 2003 Digital Cities Survey
- 11/01/2003 Message Center access for citizens increases to 200+ services; access is available by A to Z listing, category, organization, featured services, most popular services, problems or complaints, questions or opinions, and more
- 10/24/2003 Community Affairs
- 10/07/2003 Lobbyist info and registration form
- 10/01/2003 Message Center expands to include all City departments
- 09/30/2003 Boards & Commissions expiring memberships and citizen applications
- 08/11/2003 Stormwater
- 04/24/2003 Fire Education
- 02/19/2003 Message Center service requests & action inquiries and general correspondence
- 01/31/2003 1st month of activity exceeding 1,000,000 pages requested
- 12/31/2002 ~10 million web pages requested during 2002
- 11/21/2002 1st Place in 2002 Digital Cities Survey
- 10/29/2002 MyTampaGov transaction tracking of web payments incorporated
- 08/18/2002 $1,000,000 reached in total City revenue collected via the web site
- 08/16/2002 Museum membership applications & renewals
- 08/04/2002 1st Place in 2002 Best of the Web
- 06/28/2002 Employment application submission
- 06/28/2002 Crime activity maps
- 06/13/2002 5th generation home page implemented (archived image)
- 05/07/2002 Dynamic custom maps (replaced on 03/01/2006 with custom Google-based maps)
- 04/08/2002 Off-duty police services (online request/payment service discontinued on 03/01/2005)
- 04/08/2002 Find it Fast! site search capabilities
- 02/21/2002 Cemetery records
- 12/31/2001 Around 6 million web pages requested during 2001
- 11/07/2001 Fire calls for service
- 11/01/2001 MyTampaGov established
- 11/01/2001 Utility bill inquiries/payments
- 10/22/2001 Personnel managed job postings
- 10/15/2001 Permit applications/payments & inspection requests
- 08/30/2001 eGovernment saving calculator
- 07/26/2001 Business tax renewal payments
- 06/22/2001 Parking lot/garage monthly permit applications/payments
- 06/13/2001 Parking citation inquiries/payments
- 06/01/2001 Consolidated news & public announcements
- 04/05/2001 Secured web payment processing using credit cards established
- 04/05/2001 Police incident and traffic accident reports
- 03/30/2001 TampaGov branding and comprehensive site redesign - www.tampagov.net (archived image)
- 03/15/2001 City of Tampa Television Channel 15 live webcast
- 01/31/2001 Boards & Commissions membership info
- 01/16/2001 High traffic accident locations
- 01/15/2001 Museum of Art online store (1st eCommerce service)
- 12/31/2000 >3 million web pages requested during 2000
- 12/14/2000 Consolidated calendars
- 12/08/2000 Business tax receipt inquiry
- 11/16/2000 EGovernment contract established with Florida Local Interactive (FLI)
- 07/17/2000 Police calls for service
- 07/17/2000 Traffic related advisories
- 07/06/2000 EGovernment RFP closed - 8 proposals received
- 06/14/2000 EGovernment RFP Addendum 3 - Clarification & Responses to Proposers Questions (pdf)
- 06/06/2000 EGovernment RFP Addendum 2 - Overview of Major Application Systems (pdf)
- 06/01/2000 EGovernment RFP Addendum 1 - Pre-Proposal Vendor Meeting Attendance Record (pdf)
- 05/18/2000 EGovernment Request For Proposals released (pdf)
- 05/10/2000 Purchasing bid package info
- 01/10/2000 Mayor directs staff to create a strategy to allow the City to transact business over the Internet
1996 to 1999
- 12/31/1999 >1 million web pages requested during 1999
- 09/18/1999 3rd generation home page implemented (archived image)
- 04/01/1999 City Council meeting transcriptions
- 03/09/1999 Employment application forms
- 02/07/1999 2nd generation home page implemented (archived image)
- 06/11/1998 Community Redevelopment Agency agendas
- 06/04/1998 City Council action agendas
- 05/14/1998 City Council draft agendas
- 09/18/1996 City of Tampa web site introduced - www.ci.tampa.fl.us (archived image)