Story Of Tampa - Macdill AFB
The Story of Tampa by Lynn Ash
(click above for larger image)
Located on the corner of Main Street and Howard Avenue, the Fourth of July Cafe, made famous for its cafe con leche, is the gateway to the West Tampa business district.
MacDill Air Force Base, officially dedicated in 1941, was first named Southeast Air Base, and later renamed MacDill Field in honor of Colonel Leslie MacDill.