City of Tampa Art Programs Division Internship
Deadline to submit is Friday, February 2, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
The City of Tampa, Art Programs Division seeks an intern to support the Public Art program on special projects, administrative tasks, and database maintenance. The Division oversees the city’s Public Art program and Public Art in Private Development, as well as other programs such as Lights On Tampa.
Internship projects include but are not limited to:
- Providing support for projects produced by the Art Programs Division, such as call to artist processing, artist and collection database maintenance and publications
- Assisting with production of state-wide Public Art conference being held in Tampa May 2 - 4, 2018
- Creating social media posts for the program’s Instagram @tampapublicart
- Performing basic administrative tasks
- Undergraduate students seeking college credit
- Recent graduates seeking to continue their education in the field of arts administration
- Individuals showing special interest in careers in Public Art or arts administration receive consideration for this internship
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Skills in Microsoft Office required and knowledge in Adobe Photoshop CC2018 is a plus
- There is no stipend for this internship
Hours of Internship:
- Number of hours per week and length of internship are negotiable
- Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Please email resume and statement of interest to Melissa Davies, Project Coordinator by Friday, February 2nd at 5:00 p.m.
Please note: additional application paperwork may be required as well as background check and drug screening.