Boom by the Bay
4 fireworks displays spanning 2.5 miles of our waterfront
Tampa’s known for all of our celebrations and traditions. And as your new Mayor, I want to kick off my time in office with a BANG.
Today I’m excited to announce that we’re sparking a brand new tradition in Tampa. One that celebrates our nation’s independence, our freedoms, and all the things that make us proud to be Americans!
This 4th of July, we will be hosting our newest event: Boom by the Bay!
This all-American celebration and firework spectacular will feature family-friendly activities, live entertainment, and 4, yes I said 4 fireworks displays spanning 2.5 miles of our waterfront.
The fun will be spread from Armature Works, to Riverfront Park, the Tampa Convention Center, and all the way over to Sparkman Wharf.
More details about Boom by the Bay will be released over the next few weeks, but I hope all of you are as excited as we are for this new 4th of July tradition.
Tell your friends, tell your family, and get ready to sport your brightest shades of red, white, and blue—this is going to be one celebration you won’t want to miss!
I hope to see you all there...
- What is the Boom on the Bay?
- Boom on the Bay is a new event featuring fireworks in four locations along the Downtown Tampa Waterfront accompanied by a variety of entertainment activities. We are working with our community partners at our anchor locations of Armature Works, Riverfront Park, the Tampa Convention Center and Sparkman Wharf to be a unique new event to the City of Tampa for residents of all ages to enjoy.
- When is the event?
- The event will take place on Thursday, July 4, 2019. Activities will begin between 4:00 and 6:00pm, depending on location, and last until the completion of the fireworks.
- What time are the fireworks?
- The fireworks are scheduled for 9:00pm, but may be slightly adjusted due to weather concerns.
- Is there a rain date?
- We hope that we won’t need one, but we do have a contingency of July 5th if needed.
- How long will the fireworks last?
- Each location is scheduled for 20 minutes.
- Will all of the locations shoot at the same time?
- Yes, all of the fireworks displays will take place simultaneously.
- Where are the four locations?
- All fireworks will be shot from barges along the downtown waterfront.
From north to south:
- Hillsborough River bend between Armature Works and Blake High School
- Hillsborough River south of Laurel Street and the Fortune Taylor Bridge between Julian B. Lane Park and the Tampa Riverwalk
- The basin in front of the Tampa Convention Center
- The turning basin in front of Sparkman Wharf and the Channel District
- Are there any differences between the locations?
- All sites will have the same length of show, but there will be some differences in the size of some of the shells due to safety distances. The shoot at the Channel District will have the largest shells, while the display in front of Riverfront Park will have two barges creating a wider show.
- Where should I park?
- We strongly encourage everyone to use rideshare and public transit options. We are working with HART to establish some bus routes to bring people in from other areas of the City. Details of those will be announced soon. All City garages will be available, along with street parking and private lot options. We also encourage attendees to park in Ybor City and take the TECO Streetcar into downtown.
- Are there any costs to attend?
- The fireworks are free to attend, but charges will be applicable for any food or drink.
- What are the food and drink options?
- Armature Works and Sparkman Wharf will be open for business, and there will be food trucks at the Tampa Convention Center along with Riverfront Park. There are also many options downtown and along the Riverwalk.
- Can I bring my own food and drink?
- You are welcome to bring food and soft drinks to the Riverwalk and Parks. Please do not bring alcohol, though adult beverages are available from businesses and the Riverwalk cup program allows for people to consume them while they enjoy the Riverwalk and adjoining areas.
- What type of entertainment will there be?
- There will be a variety of music and family activities in several locations. Details will be release as the event gets closer. Follow the City of Tampa on social media for the most up to date information.
- Can I bring my dog?
- Please remember that the fireworks will be loud and may not be a good environment for your four-legged friends. Well behaved pets that are kept on a leash are welcome on the Riverwalk and in the parks. Service animals are always welcome.
- How are these fireworks being funded?
- The fireworks are being paid for through the generous support of community partners who recognize that the community desires and deserves to have an impressive Independence Day celebration.