City Clerk FAQ
- Where can I obtain a copy of a resolution, ordinance, minutes or other official documents adopted by City Council?
These documents may be obtained from the Office of the City Clerk, located at 315 East Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, Florida 33602, Phone: (813) 274-8397 Fax: (813) 274-8306. As of May 1, 2005, City Council Agendas, with hyperlinks to agenda documents, can be viewed. Copies of official resolutions and ordinances can be retrieved from the Agenda Documents Repository. Visit our City Council Agendas page to view this information.
- Where do I obtain information regarding a marriage license, divorce, criminal court, traffic ticket, or civil suit?
These documents may be obtained from the Hillsborough County Clerk of Circuit Court web site or by calling their main telephone number - 813-276-8100. The Tampa City Clerk's Office is a separate governmental entity from the Hillsborough County Clerk of Circuit Court.
- How can I get information concerning property ownership or a listing of surrounding property owners?
This information can be obtained from the Hillsborough County Property Appraiser's Office web site or by calling their main telephone number - 813-272-6100. The Property Appraiser is located at 601 E. Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, FL, 33602. The Tampa City Clerk's Office is a separate governmental entity from the Hillsborough County Property Appraiser's Office.
- Where can I obtain a copy of a birth certificate or a death certificate?
This information can be obtained from the Florida Department of Health located at 1105 E. Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL, 33602 or telephone number 813-307-8000.
- Where do I file a code enforcement complaint?
The complaint may be filed with the City of Tampa's Code Enforcement Department, telephone number 813-274-5545. Also the City's Customer Service Center - available 24 hours a day, can accommodate written requests.
- Which records are "public records"?
All records in the office of the City Clerk are public with the exception of: (a) home addresses/phone numbers of current or retired police officers, fire fighters, and code enforcement officers; (b) transcript of attorney-client sessions; (c) election complaints prior to file order from State Election Commission; and (d) any other records deemed exempt under Florida Statute 119.
- Where do I pay for a parking ticket?
The parking ticket may be paid at the City of Tampa Parking Division, telephone number 813-274-8177, or online in our Customer Service Center.
- Where can I obtain a business license so I can open a business?
If the business is to be located within the city limits of the City of Tampa, contact the Business Tax Division of the City of Tampa, located at 2105 North Nebraska Avenue - Tampa, Florida 33602; telephone no. (813) 274-8751. (If the business is to be located outside the city limits in the unincorporated area of Hillsborough County, contact the Hillsborough County Tax Collector.)
- Where do I find information regarding zoning and how to file an application for wet zoning?
Information regarding zoning regulations, and on on-line application form may be obtained at the Land Development web site. Business and Housing Department, Land Development coordination (& Zoning) is located at 306 E. Jackson Street, Tampa, Florida 33602, phone: 813-274-8405.
- What is the charge for reproducing copies of "public records"?
Photocopies cost 15 cents per single-sided page and 20 cents per double-sided page. These costs are governed and established by Florida Statutes.