Commercial Roof Structure - Application
The following establishes procedures for in take of the required documentation when requesting a permit for the installation of a new structural roof. For re-roofing, re-covering, or repair, refer to the Express Permits Roofing permit.
The Client Facilitator will:
- Review the application for completeness; along with two (2) sets of signed and sealed building plans, two (2) sets of site plans (if applicable), product approval for roofing material and Owner Permit Affidavit (if applicable).
- If a department (Neighborhood Improvement, ARC, Barrio Latino, etc.) has active comments on project, customers will be referred to the effected departments for approval. If required, applicant must have this information before submitting plans for review.
- All forms must be completely filled out with appropriate information at time of submittal.
- Calculate plan examination fees and due at the time of submittal.
- Inform customer of all permit holds and Notice of Commencement requirements.
Who can obtain permit:
- Licensed General, Building, Residential Contractors, or authorized agents can submit and obtain this type of permit.
- A qualifying owner of a commercial building whose total construction is less than $75,000 (including building, mechanical, plumbing, gas, and electrical work) and whose occupancy use if for the owner and not offered for sale or lease.