Residential Tree Removal - Application
The following establishes procedures for the in take of required documentation and issuance of permit for a tree removal; which is required when pruning and/or removing protected trees. A plan review is not required for this permit type.
The Client Facilitator will:
- Review the application for completeness along with the Owner Permit Affidavit(if Owner). Must specify type, size, location, and reason for removal of tree.
- All forms must be completely filled out with appropriate information at time of submittal.
- Tree(s) are not to be removed, until Inspector has final the removal inspection.
Who can obtain permit:
- Licensed General Contractor, Tree Service, or authorized agent can submit/ obtain this type of permit. Check to see if there are active comments on contractor.
- A qualifying owner of a one or two family detached residential dwelling intended for own occupancy. Must present photo identification and proof of ownership (recorded deed or tax receipt) at time of submittal.
City of Tampa List of Approved Self-Certified ISA Arborists:
COT List of ISA Arborists (PDF, 892 kb)
Course Rules Overview (PDF, 901 kb)