Channel District Community Redevelopment Area
The Channel District is fulfilling its transformation from a warehouse district to a vibrant urban residential and arts and entertainment magnet. Major developments have contributed to the revitalization such as SkyHouse (2015), The Fitzgerald (2017), The Channel Club (2018), Publix Supermarket (2018), and Sparkman Wharf (2018). Future developments include:
- Eleve61 – Mercury Advisors has announced the development of a 61-unit luxury condominium development at Channelside Drive and Whiting.
- 111 N. Meridian – Framework/MTC has announced a mixed-use residential and retail development along Merdian Avenue from Washington Street to Whiting Street.
- Home2 Suite & Hampton Inn – Liberty Group is under construction of a new two-flag hotel at the corner of Meridian and Kennedy Blvd. to include 213 hotel rooms, amenities, and a Star Bucks Coffee shop.
The Channel District CRA is mobilizing a major district wide infrastructure improvements project to include nine smaller projects to essentially complete the remainder of the drainage and streetscape improvements for the district. The Downtown CRA has also made a significant agreement to open up Cumberland Avenue to the Channel District.
- Channel District Engineering Update
- Channel District History
- Legal Description of CRA Boundary
- Aerial Map
- Channel District Photo Gallery
- Channel District Fact Sheet
- Channel District Newsletter
- Channel District Plan
- Channel District Arts Plan
- Strategic Action Plan
- Proposed Strategic Action Plan Infrastructure-Improvement Schedule
- Upcoming Channel District CRA Community Advisory Committee Meetings