Our Faith is Bigger than this Virus!
Mayor Jane Castor and her administration understand that regular faith-based gatherings and outreach are an important part of life for many in our Tampa community. During this time of uncertainty and the harsh reality of how the COVID-19 coronavirus has easily and aggressively spread worldwide, it is crucial to protect everyone, especially those in our high-risk populations, from potential exposure to this virus. These challenging times require our community members to embrace alternative ways of worshipping together while they stay apart for a little while.
Safe Alternatives to Large Public Gatherings and Services
- Host digital (video) religious services
- Encourage “online giving” or ways that do not require direct contact with money
- Connect with congregation members by phone, email or virtually
- Utilize social media to share photos, videos and messages
- Facilitate small group meetings not to exceed ten (10) individuals spaced no closer than 6 feet apart.
- Using other technologies that support social distancing and are in accordance with the “Safer at Home” order and CDC guidelines.
The City of Tampa is offering technical assistance to faith-based leaders who need help navigating digital service options. To express an interest in receiving digital assistance please complete the online questionnaire at: surveymonkey.com/r/faithbasedtechsupport