Zika Virus Information
Zika fever is a mild febrile illness caused by a mosquito-borne virus similar to those that cause dengue and West Nile virus infection. It has been identified in several countries in Central and South America, Mexico, and the Caribbean since 2015. Women that are pregnant are more at risk to the potential impacts of Zika Virus.
Florida has confirmed local transmissions of the Zika virus in South Florida. At this time, all cases of Zika Virus that have been confirmed in the City of Tampa have been travel-related.
Disease Protection Resources
- Insect Repellents Approved by Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Mosquito Bite Protection in Florida / En Español
- Mosquito Bite Protection for Overseas Travelers / En Español
- Think Zika / En Español
- Travel Information
- Be a hero. Spill the Water (Kids Education)
- Zika Virus Prevention from the Center for Disease Control (CDC)