COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
As you may be aware on January 31, 2020 the United States Department Health and Human Services Department declared a public health emergency (PHE) for the United States to aid the health care community in responding to novel (coronavirus) or COVID-19 respiratory disease. Currently, it’s unclear how easily or sustainably this virus is spreading between people. While there are no confirmed cases in Florida, we share this information for your awareness.
What You Can Do:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick except for medical care.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19, but should be used by those who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water.
Employees are reminded that if they or a family member is feeling stress due to this ongoing medical situation, the Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) are available for guidance. Please contact Gary Wood & Associates at (813) 870-0392 or United Health Care Optum EAP Line at 1-866-248-4096.
For additional information please refer to cdc.gov/coronavirus where you will find frequently updated information about this emerging and rapidly evolving situation.