Virtual Home Buyer Education Class for City of Tampa Employees
- Tired of renting?
- Dreaming of owning a home?
- Need help with down payment and closing costs?
- Don’t know where to start?
Housing and Community Development (HCD) provides down payment and closing costs assistance to first-time home buyers purchasing a property within the City of Tampa.
Note: To utilize the City’s program, you must attend a home buyer education class.
HCD will conduct a VIRTUAL home buyer education class (City employees only). This class will provide an overview of the below listed topics that can assist you in the home buying process:
- Determining if You are Ready to Buy a Home
- Managing Your Money
- Understanding Credit
- Obtaining a Mortgage Loan
- Shopping for a Home
- Protecting Your Investment
- City’s Down Payment Assistance Programs
- “Dare to Own the Dream” (DARE) Homeownership Program
- Community Heroes Program
- East Tampa CRA Down Payment Assistance Program
- Certificate of Attendance (Valid for 2 years)
When: Saturday, October 17, 2020
8 AM – 5 PM
If you are interested in attending, log into your Oracle account and register through the Employee Development Portal (EDP) or click on the following link to register for the class, Home Buyer Education Course: 17-October-2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Latasha Hicks at 274-7989 or Latasha.firstname.lastname@example.org.