Special Fire Safety Requirements For Spraying Flammable Or Combustible Finishes Inside Buildings
Application shall be in accordance with NFPA #33 and the Standard Fire Prevention Code, Chapter 10.
The following conditions apply to application in previously Cleared-for-Occupancy buildings within the City of Tampa, Florida.
- Obtain necessary permit from Fire Marshal's Office
- Applicant shall provide floor plan and/o rkey plan showing "spray area" and all exits, exit ways,fire alarm pull stations, etc., when applying for a permit.
- A person(s) designated "fire & safety-specialist" to handle safety equipment and extinguisher, and shall remain near an extinguisher, alert, while spraying is in progress. So designated on permit application.
- Two 4 A 60 BC fire extinguishers shall be within 50 ft. of spraying at all times.
- Electric power shall be cut off to entire area while spraying is in progress.
- No smoking, welding or open flames on floor while spraying is in progress.
- Only OSHA approved power-cords and explosion-proof light fixtures shall be used to provide power and lighting, and all equipment shall be grounded to inhibit sparks.
- Use only spark-proof fans and duct hose designed for safely removing fumes to building exterior. Sufficient ventilation shall be used to eliminate vapor build-up as installation of material proceeds.