The Grants Office supports Tampa's nonprofits, businesses, and internal City Departments in their efforts to seek Federal, State, Local, Foundation, and Private Grants. If you are pursuing a grant and need to supplement your grant application with a Grant Letter of Support, Grant Matching Funds Commitment Letter (internal), or an In-Kind Support Letter please use the following guidelines.
- Requests for Letters of Support should be submitted no less than thirty (30) business days prior to date you wish to receive your letter.
- Select the type of support letter you are requesting (Grant Letter of Support, Grant Matching Funds Commitment Letter or an In-Kind Support Letter).
- Please specify which City Official/Personnel the Letter of Support should come from.
- Include the full name of the grant you are seeking along with the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance/Catalog of Federal State Assistance (CFDA/CFSA) number for a federal/state grant, or check the box for a foundation grant.
- Provide the requested amount of grant funding. If your grant requires a match, please provide the exact match amount along with any in-kind services with justification, if applicable.
- Provide the full name of your agency, your organization type and a point of contact.
- Provide a 1-2 page summary describing your organization and program; your record of accomplishment in securing or managing grants, and how the agency will use the grant funds. Please note that a copy of the project abstract is acceptable in lieu of the summary. Additionally, please include a sample letter of support.
- Let us know if your agency will collaborate with another agency to pursue this grant.
- List the names of any other local agencies applying for this particular grant, if known.
- List the names of all federal, state, or local government agencies or officials supporting the proposal.
- Provide the full name of the funding agency. Select if the requested funds or Federal, State, Local or Foundation. Include the name and address of the funding agency contact person.
Tell us how you would like your Letter of Support delivered. If you do not receive any communications from our office within three (3) business days after submission of the online form, please contact the City of Tampa Grants Specialist at (813) 274-3325 or email us.