Housing and Community Development
IMPORTANT CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION
Improving Lives and Communities Across the City of Tampa
The Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) plays a lead role in the development of housing and citizen support programs to serve the city's low and moderate income households, homeless, and disabled populations. HCD maintains and expands housing opportunities for low and moderate income persons and families in the city by:
- Preserving the city's housing stock through rehabilitation and repair assistance programs.
- Expanding the supply of affordable housing for lower income renters and owners, including first-time home buyers.
- Serving the needs of the homeless community and partnering with homeless service providers.
- Providing impartial, unbiased investigation services for discrimination complaints in the areas of employment, housing and public accommodation to any person who believes they have been discriminated against.
- Providing outreach activities by offering employment, housing and public accommodations seminars / workshops to keep the public informed about their civil rights.
- Dare to Own the Dream Homeownership Event Video - June 2019