Title VI - Discrimination in Government Programs and Assistance
No person shall, on the basis of his or her race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance pursuant to the requirements of Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
The Mayor and City Council value diversity and welcomes input from all interested parties. Moreover, the City does not tolerate discrimination in any of its federally assisted programs, services or activities. The City of Tampa will not exclude participation in, deny the benefits of, or subject to discrimination anyone on the grounds of race, color, and national origin.
File a Complaint
Any person who believes that he or she has been subjected to discrimination based upon race, color, and national origin, may file a complaint with the City’s Title VI Officer:
F: (813) 274-7745
TTY or Relay number: 1-800-955-8771
Discrimination in Federally Assisted Program
Any individual who feels they have been discriminated against in any federally assisted program or service provided by the City of Tampa because of his or her race, color, national origin, under the provisions of Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, shall submit to the Human Rights Investigation Supervisor a signed written complaint which contains the following:
- A description of the alleged discrimination with the date of the occurrence.
- If you are filing on behalf of another person, include your name, address, telephone number, and your relation to that person.
- Include as much background information as possible about the alleged acts of discrimination. Also, include the names of the individuals whom you allege discriminated against you.
- Name, address, and phone number of the complainant
- The name and address of the City of Tampa department or division that you believe discriminated against you.
- The name and telephone numbers of any persons that could be contacted for additional information to support or clarify your allegation. ***If the complaint cannot be submitted in writing, the complainant should contact the City’s Title VI Officer for assistance.
City of Tampa will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability who wish to participate in public involvement or other events, with advance notification of 48 hours.
Questions, concerns, comments or requests for accommodation contact: