City of Tampa's Owner-Occupied Rehab
DATE: April 13, 2020
TO: HOUSING PARTNERS
FROM: VANESSA McCLEARY, HCD MANAGER
SUBJECT: PROGRAM SUSPENSION
The City of Tampa is advocating for everyone in our community to practice social distancing and stay home as much as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic. In keeping with the guidance of the Safer-At-Home Executive Order, the City of Tampa has decided to suspend its Dare to Own the Dream (DARE) Homeownership and Owner-Occupied Rehab (OOR) Programs.
Under the guidance of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Florida Housing Finance Corporation, we are unable to complete the Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspections as required by the City’s DARE program as well as the required inspections and bid walk-throughs for the owner-occupied rehab program.
If you have submitted a reservation request packet, we will review those requests; however, as of the above-listed effective date, we will not accept any new requests until further notice.
If you are not under contract, your reservation application package will be suspended and we will extend the time once the program opens back up. This will provide you with time to find a home under our program.
We understand this maybe an inconvenience, but the safety and welfare of our citizens is of the utmost importance.
City of Tampa Housing & Community Development is now
accepting applications for the Owner Occupied-Rehab (OOR) Program.
The City’s Owner Occupied Rehab Program is designed to help maintain decent, safe and affordable housing for Tampa’s low/moderate-income families. The program helps homeowners, who are financially unable to make the necessary repairs, bring their homes into compliance with the City’s Florida Building Code and Housing Quality Standards.Essential repairs are defined as:
• Lead based paint remediation or other environmental issues
• Leaking or failed roof system
• Failing or lacking plumbing
• Electrical systems
• Failed structural systems such as floors and structural walls
• Lack of working heat/AC
• Exterior deterioration (walls, foundation, porches, siding, etc.)
• Window replacement
• Water heater
• Handicapped accessibility improvements (ramps, widening doorways, countertops,
bathroom modifications, etc.)
• Repayment loan/deferred loan/grant: Deferred loan secured by a recorded mortgage and promissory note
• Interest Rate: 0%
• Term: Varied (Based on the amount of assistance)
• Forgiveness: Forgiven at the end of the term for projects up to $30,000
• Repayment: Loans over $30,000 will make monthly payments of $50 per month toward the outstanding
balance above $30,000
CURRENT INCOME LIMITS USED IN DETERMINING ELIGIBILITY (80% AMI)
Applications are being accepted now until further notice. You can download the Owner Occupied Rehabilitation application; or, to request an application packet, please call Housing & Community Development at (813) 274-7954 or can be picked up Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM at 4900 W. Lemon Street, Tampa, FL 33609.