State Housing Initiatives Partnership Info
State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Per F.S 420.907-420.9079 and Rule 67-37 of the Florida Administrative Code, SHIP funding may be used for single family and multi-family acquisition, rehabilitation, new construction, Down Payment/Mortgage assistance programs, Homeless Prevention Security and Utility Deposits, and Foreclosure Prevention Counseling. SHIP funding has various income and set aside requirements as outlined in the Local Housing Assistance Plan (LHAP). Program Administration is capped at 10% per year.
- City of Tampa SHIP AR – Public Comment Opportunity
- City of Tampa LHAP 2016-2019
- Past City of Tampa LHAPs (pending)
For more information about the State Housing Initiative Partnership, please visit https://www.floridahousing.org/programs/special-programs/ship---state-housing-initiatives-partnership-program.
Agencies currently funded by the City of Tampa SHIP funds:
- East Tampa Business and Civic Association (ETBCA) provides owner occupied rehabilitation to homeowners within the City of Tampa limits. ETBCA is currently assisting homeowners from the City of Tampa's eligible list.
SHIP Funding: $1,000,000
- St. Vincent de Paul, South Pinellas provides rental security and utility deposits and arrears on behalf of eligible households within the City. Eligible utility deposits include only provider-mandated deposits for water, sewer, electricity, and gas. Assistance is provided to very-low and low income, must be homeless, or at risk of homelessness because of the inability to pay the security and/or utility deposit. Assistance is limited to a one-time award.
SHIP Funding: $150,000