State Housing Initiatives Partnership Info
State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Per F.S 420.907-420.9079 and Rule 67-37 of the Florida Administrative Code, SHIP funding may be used for single family and multi-family acquisition, rehabilitation, new construction, Down Payment/Mortgage assistance programs, Homeless Prevention Security and Utility Deposits, and Foreclosure Prevention Counseling. SHIP funding has various income and set aside requirements as outlined in the Local Housing Assistance Plan (LHAP). Program Administration is capped at 10% per year.
- City of Tampa SHIP AR – Public Comment Opportunity
- City of Tampa LHAP 2016-2019
- Past City of Tampa LHAPs (pending)
For more information about the State Housing Initiative Partnership, please visit https://www.floridahousing.org/programs/special-programs/ship---state-housing-initiatives-partnership-program.
Agencies currently funded by the City of Tampa SHIP funds:
- East Tampa Business and Civic Association (ETBCA) provides owner occupied rehabilitation to homeowners within the City of Tampa limits. ETBCA is currently assisting homeowners from the City of Tampa's eligible list.
SHIP Funding: $1,000,000
- St. Vincent de Paul, South Pinellas provides rental security and utility deposits and arrears on behalf of eligible households within the City. Eligible utility deposits include only provider-mandated deposits for water, sewer, electricity, and gas. Assistance is provided to very-low and low income, must be homeless, or at risk of homelessness because of the inability to pay the security and/or utility deposit. Assistance is limited to a one-time award.
SHIP Funding: $150,000
The Affordable Housing Advisory Committee (AHAC) was established as required by the Florida Housing Finance Corporation for the State Housing Initiative Partnership (SHIP) per ss. 420.9076 (2). The AHAC has the responsibility to review established policies, procedures, ordinances, land development regulations, and the local government comprehensive plan and make recommendations on initiatives that will encourage affordable housing. Every three years after the initial report, a new report must be submitted to the local government governing board by the AHAC by December 31st of the year preceding the Local Housing assistance plan due date.
Effective Tuesday, January 15, 2019, meetings will be held the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Meetings have been scheduled for 9:00-11:00 a.m. at the City of Tampa Lemon Street Office Building, 4900 West Lemon Street, Tampa, FL 33609 (or as otherwise advised). The dates for 2019 are as follows:
- Tuesday, January 15, 2019
- Tuesday, February 19, 2019
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- Tuesday, July 16, 2019
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019
- Tuesday, September 17, 2019
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019
- Tuesday, December 17, 2019
For more information about the City’s Boards and Commissions, please visit https://www.tampagov.net/city-clerk/info/boards-and-commissions.