Welcome to the City of Tampa!
Congratulations on your move to the City of Tampa. Here, you will find a list of resources that you will need to get settled in.
You may message us with questions on social media.
Important Phone Numbers
- Tampa Police
- For Non Emergencies call 813-231-6130
- For Emergencies dial 9-1-1
- Before you dig - 811
- Code Enforcement (Neighborhood Enhancement) 813-274-5545
- City Council - 813-274-8131
- City Hall - 813-274-8211
- City of Tampa Utilities - 813-274-8811
- Trash Collection/Recycling (Solid Waste) - 813-348-1146
Links to Other Resources
- Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicels (DHSMV)
- Hillsborough County Clerk of Courts
- Hillsborough County
- Hospitals and Related Agencies
- TECO Tampa Electric
- Hillsborough County Public Schools
- Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections
- Hillsborough Area Regional Transit
- Cable Companies:
- City of Tampa on Nextdoor
- Southwest Florida Water Management District
- Schools and Libraries
Sign up for Alert Tampa
Sign Up Now Online. Receive vital updates when a hurricane is threatening our city or about crime trends in your neighborhood. When you subscribe for emergency notifications, you'll also have the option of receiving informational alerts.
- Mandatory Evacuations
- Gas Leak
- Hostage Situation
- Critical Threat
- Hurricane Re-Entry Orders
- Boil Water Orders
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a license to drive and register my vehicle?
- The Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles issues drivers licenses, ID cards and license plates and registration for vehicles. More...
- Where do I register to vote?
- You may register to vote online or contact the Hillsborough Supervisor of Elections at 813-744-5900. More...
- How do I get my water turned on?
- You may use the online Customer Service Center or contact Utilities Call Center at (813) 274-8811 More...
- How often will I receive a utility bill?
- Bills are mailed monthly. Electronic bill delivery is not available. Once your account is established you will receive your bill at approximately the same time each month. Please advise the City of Tampa Utilities Call Center, at phone number (813) 274-8811 or via the City's online Customer Service Center, if you fail to receive your bill. You can access your account online at anytime at utilities.tampagov.net to view your current bill and bill history. More...
- When may I water my lawn?
- Water use restrictions are in place year-round to help ensure a sufficient quantity of drinking water for the Tampa community. Restrictions are subject to change in response to local and regional water supply conditions. More...
- How do I get official warnings and updates during hurricanes?
- Sign up for Alert Tampa to make sure you're in the know when you're on the go! More...