9th Annual Tampa Firefighters Pediatric Burn Survivor 5K – Saturday, May 4, 2019
Traffic is expected to be heavier than normal this Saturday in Downtown Tampa and Ybor City due to the Tampa Firefighters Pediatric Burn Survivor 5K. Drivers and pedestrians alike are advised to allow for extra travel time and to travel through the area with caution.
The 5K will begin at 8:00 a.m. The following street will be closed from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- E. Zack Street between N. Pierce Street and S. Jefferson Street
- S. Jefferson Street between E. Twiggs Street and E. Cass Street
- E. Cass Street between N. Pierce Street and N. Nebraska Avenue
- Nick Nuccio Parkway between N. Nebraska Avenue and E. Palm Avenue
- E. Palm Avenue between N. Nebraska Avenue and N. 15st Street
- E. 7th Avenue between E. Scott Street and N. Avenida Republica De Cuba (N. 14th Street)
- E. 12th Avenue between E. Palm Avenue and E. 13th Avenue
The City recommends that motorists use alternate routes to avoid traffic congestion.
The Tampa Police Department would like to remind all participants and spectators to report suspicious activity. If you see something, say something. No tip is too small. Report anything suspicious to the nearest police officer or submit an anonymous tip using the TPD mobile app available on iPhones and Androids.
For additional information, please contact:
Traffic Management Center, Smart Mobility Division
Department of Transportation and Stormwater Services