City of Tampa Department of Parks and Recreation is partnering with the Tampa Bay Rays to offer free swim lessons.
This summer, your child could be part of Swim with the RAYS a collaboration between the Rays Baseball Foundation and the City of Tampa Parks and Recreation Department to bring attention to the importance of life-saving water safety programs in our community. Swim with the Rays offers swimming lessons at no cost to children that qualify. Participants will learn about safety in, on, or around water and through progressive levels, learn knowledge and skills needed for aquatic skill development.
Swim with the RAYS will be available at all twelve Tampa Parks and Recreation pool facilities from June 3rd to August 31st, 2019. Participants are not required to purchase a Recreation Card to participate in the program. Just visit your favorite community pool for registration and program details. The program is available for ages 6 months to 17 years old.
The pool locations participating in Swim with the RAYS this summer are:
- Bobby Hicks Pool, 4201 W Mango Ave., 33616
- Copeland Pool, 11001 N 15th St., 33612
- Cuscaden Pool, 2900 N 15th St., 33605
- Cyrus Greene Pool, 2101 E Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd., 33603
- Danny Del Rio Pool, 10105 N Boulevard, 33603
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Pool, 2200 N Oregon Ave., 33607
- Interbay Pool, 4321 Estrella Ave., 33629
- Loretta Ingraham Pool, 1611 N Hubert Ave., 33607
- Roy Jenkins Pool, 154 Columbia Dr., 33606
- Spicola Pool, 2615 E Corrine St., 33605
- Sulphur Springs Pool, 701 E. Bird St., 33604
- Williams Park Pool, 4362 E. Osborne Ave., 33610
For more information about the Swim with the RAYS program, you can visit www.tampagov.net/swimlesson or a City of Tampa Parks and Recreation Department pool near you.