City of Tampa Partners with Tampa BayCycle to Host Free Bike Safety Classes
As the launch of Coast Bike Share approaches, the City of Tampa is partnering with the Tampa Downtown Partnership’s Tampa BayCycle campaign, Tampa’s SPOKESpeople for all things cycling, to provide free bike safety classes for residents in local recreation centers and parks.
Tampa BayCycle will hold ten classes in November, with additional classes to be added throughout the city in the coming months. As part of each class, a certified instructor will walk participants through the basic “Top 10” tips of bike safety in an informal classroom style setting. Each participant will also leave with important safety gear such as a helmet, light set, or vest.
A list of scheduled classes is below. All classes last one hour, are free and open to the public, and begin at 6:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- Tuesday, Nov. 4 – Hillsborough Community College, Ybor Campus (Ybor Room, 2112 N 15th St., Ybor City) (Begins at noon)
- Tuesday, Nov. 4 - Hillsborough Community College, Ybor Campus (Ybor Room, 2112 N 15th St., Ybor City) (Begins at 6 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Nov. 5 - Pour House (1208 E. Kennedy Blvd. #112, Channel District)
- Thursday, Nov. 6 – Don Vincente de Ybor Historic Inn (1915 Avenida Republica De Cuba, Ybor City)
- Monday, Nov. 10 - Kate Jackson Community Center (821 S. Rome Ave., Hyde Park)
- Wednesday, Nov. 12 - Kahwa Coffee Café (400 N Ashley Dr., Downtown) (Begins at noon)
- Wednesday, Nov. 12 - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Recreation Complex (2200 N. Oregon Ave., West Tampa)
- Monday, Nov. 17 - Desoto Park Playground Activity Complex (2617 Corrine St., Palmetto Beach)
- Tuesday, Nov. 18 - Sandra Freedman Tennis Complex (59 Columbia Dr., Davis Islands)
- Thursday, Nov. 20 - Duckweed Urban Grocery (803 N. Tampa St., Downtown)
Please RSVP to attend and reserve your spot today by visiting tampabaycycle.com. To request a free bike safety class for your neighborhood association or organization, please visit tampabaycycle.com/events.
A copy of the flyer is available for download at tampagov.net.