City of Tampa Revises Solid Waste Collection in Observance of the Thanksgiving Day Holiday
City of Tampa offices will be closed on Thursday, November 24, 2016 and Friday, November 25, 2016, in observance of the Thanksgiving Day holiday. Customers scheduled for collection service or needing access to the McKay Bay Transfer Station will be affected. The revised collection schedule is as follows:
- Residential & Commercial accounts: There will be no collection on Thursday, November 24, 2016.
- A make-up collection for customers with service normally scheduled for Thursday will occur one day later on Friday, November 25, 2016.
- A make-up collection for customers with service normally scheduled for Friday will take place one day later on Saturday, November 26, 2016.
- Regular service schedules will resume on Monday, November 28, 2016.
- McKay Bay Transfer Station and Scale House will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 24, 2016 and will re-open on Friday, November 25, 2016.
For additional questions or concerns, please call the City of Tampa Utilities Consolidated Call Center at (813) 274-8811, or visit our website at www.tampagov.net/solidwaste.
NOTE: New Tampa residents are encouraged to contact Hillsborough County Solid Waste Management at (813) 272-5680 for their holiday collection schedule.
For Immediate Release
For additional information, please contact:
Ashley Bauman, Public Affairs Director