City of Tampa Revises Solid Waste Collection Schedule for the Independence Day Holiday
City of Tampa offices will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, 2017 in observance of the Independence Day holiday. As a result, customers scheduled for collection service or, needing access to the McKay Bay Transfer Station on Tuesday, July 4, 2017 will be affected. The revised holiday collection schedule is as follows:
- Residential accounts: There will be no collection on Tuesday, July 4, 2017. Normal garbage service will resume on the next scheduled service day (Friday, July 7, 2017). Recycling and yard waste collection will resume on Tuesday, July 11, 2017.
- Commercial accounts: There will be no collection on Tuesday, July 4, 2017.
- Roll-off, compactor and front-load dumpster customers- Collection will run one day behind for the remainder of the week. Normal service schedules will resume on Monday, July 10, 2017.
- Cart customers- Accounts scheduled for service on Tuesday, July 4, 2017, will be serviced on Wednesday, July 5, 2017. There will be no service changes for accounts scheduled to receive service Wednesday through Sunday. Normal service schedules will resume on Monday, July 10, 2017.
- McKay Bay Transfer Station and Scale House will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, 2017 and will re-open on Wednesday, July 5, 2017.
- There will be no SWEEP service the week of July 4, 2017. Normal SWEEP schedule will resume on Monday, July 10, 2017.
For additional questions or concerns, please call the City of Tampa Utilities Consolidated Call Center at (813) 274-8811, or visit our website at www.tampagov.net/solidwaste.
NOTE: New Tampa residents are encouraged to contact Hillsborough County Solid Waste Management at (813) 272-5680 for their holiday collection schedule.
For additional information, please contact:
Ashley Bauman, Public Affairs Director
(813) 274-8262 Ashley.Bauman@tampagov.net