City of Tampa Solid Waste Department’s 2018 S.W.E.E.P Collection Service Underway
The City of Tampa’s Department of Solid Waste and Environmental Program Management began its S.W.E.E.P collection service on Monday, January 8, 2018. The annual amnesty bulky debris collection service is offered to all single-family residential customers within the City of Tampa solid waste collection service area at no additional charge.
A schedule and interactive residential S.W.E.E.P. map is available on the City of Tampa’s website at www.Tampagov.net/SolidWaste. A brief description of program guidelines is listed below:
SWEEP Set Out Requirements
- Items must be placed curbside, no later than 8 pm Sunday night and no earlier than (5) days prior to the first day of the week your scheduled collection.
- Piles should not exceed 10 cubic yards to avoid additional disposal costs.
- Items placed in front of vacant homes or lots will be treated as illegal dumping and investigated by Code Enforcement.
- For safety reasons, items blocked by vehicles or other objects will not be collected.
Accepted Items Include
- Household appliances and furniture (including mattresses)
- Barbeque Grills
- Tires without rims (up to 4 tires total)
- Yard waste (cut down to 4 feet)
- Railroad ties (cut down to 4 feet)
For additional questions or concerns, please call the City of Tampa Utilities Consolidated Call Center at (813) 274-8811, or visit our website at tampagov.net/SolidWaste.
NOTE: New Tampa residents are encouraged to contact Hillsborough County Solid Waste Management at (813) 272-5680 for special service collection.