City of Tampa Solid Waste Department & Hillsborough County Join Forces to Provide Better Disposal & Recycling Service to Tampa’s Citizens
For Immediate Release
For additional information, please contact:
Ashley Bauman, Public Affairs Director
Tampa, Fla. (March 8, 2016) – The City of Tampa has joined forces with Hillsborough County’s Hazardous Waste (HHW) and Electronics Recycling Program in an effort to provide better service to Tampa’s residents. Effective immediately, City residents will be able to safely dispose of hazardous chemicals and electronics year round and at various locations throughout Hillsborough County. There will be no additional cost for residents to utilize this service.
To utilize this service, City residents will need to present a valid State ID card or driver’s license confirming their place of residency in the City of Tampa.
Household hazardous waste collection service will take place between the hours of 8:00 am and 2:00 pm on the following days and at the following locations:
- Sheldon Road Facility on the 1st Saturday of the month – 9805 Sheldon Rd., Tampa, FL 33635
- South County Facility on the 2nd Saturday of the month – 13000 US Hwy 41, Gibsonton, FL 33534
- East County Facility on the 3rd Saturday of the month – 6209 CR 579, Seffner, FL 33584
Household electronics and paint collection service will take place Monday through Saturday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm at the following locations:
- Alderman Ford – 9402 SR 39, Lithia, FL 33547 (813) 757-3820
- Hillsborough Heights – 6209 CR 579, Seffner, FL 33584 (813) 744-5533
- Northwest County – 8001 W. Linebaugh Ave., Tampa, FL 33625 (813) 264-3816
- South County – 13000 US Hwy 41, Gibsonton, FL 33534 (813) 671-7611
For additional questions or concerns, please call the City of Tampa Utilities Consolidated Call Center at (813) 274-8811, or visit our website at www.tampagov.net/solidwaste.
Visit us on the web at tampagov.net/media
Please note: This e-mail is public record and is intended for official use only.