City of Tampa Solid Waste Department Revises Collection Schedule for Christmas Holiday
In observance of the Christmas holiday, City of Tampa offices will be closed on Monday, December 25th and Tuesday, December 26th. Customers who normally receive garbage, yard waste or recycling collection services on Monday (Christmas Day), will not receive service.
- Commercial and Residential Customers will not receive collection service on Monday, December 25, 2017. The revised collection schedule is as follows:
- Residential Customers who normally receive service on Monday will receive service on Tuesday and Tuesday’s collection will occur on Wednesday. Regular Residential Solid Waste collection service schedules will resume Thursday, December 28, 2017.
- Commercial Customers – for this holiday week, customers who normally receive service on Monday will receive service on Tuesday; Tuesday’s collection will occur on Wednesday; Wednesday collection will occur on Thursday; Thursday collection will occur on Friday; Friday collection will occur on Saturday.
- McKay Bay Transfer Station and Scale House will be closed on Christmas Day, Monday, December 25, 2017 and will reopen on Tuesday, December 26, 2017.
- 2018 S.W.E.E.P. Service operations will be starting during the week of Monday, January 8, 2018. Items must be placed curbside, no later than 8 pm the Sunday night prior to the collection week.
- Christmas Tree Collection Servicewill occur Tuesday, January 2, 2018 through Friday, January 12, 2018. In order to receive service, residents are asked to remove all decorations and lights, cut tree limbs to four feet lengths, bundle, and place curbside on their regularly scheduled yard waste collection day.
Customers may contact the City of Tampa Utilities Consolidated Call Center at (813) 274-8811, or visit the website at www.tampagov.net/solidwaste if they have any questions or concerns.
NOTE: New Tampa residents are encouraged to contact Hillsborough County Solid Waste Management at (813) 272-5680 for their holiday collection schedule.