City of Tampa Solid Waste Department Revises Collection Schedule for New Year’s Day
In observance of the New Year’s holiday, City of Tampa offices will be closed on Monday, January 1, 2018. Customers who normally receive garbage, yard waste or recycling collection services on Monday (New Year’s Day), will not receive service.
- Commercial and Residential Customers will not receive collection service on Monday, January 1, 2018. The revised collection schedule is as follows:
- Residential Customers who normally receive service on Monday will receive service on their next scheduled service day. Regular Residential Solid Waste collection service schedules will resume Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
- Commercial Customers – for this holiday week, customers who normally receive service on Monday will receive service on Tuesday and service will continue to run one day behind through Saturday, January 6, 2018. Regular Commercial Solid Waste collection service schedules will resume Monday, January 8, 2018.
- McKay Bay Transfer Station and Scale House will be closed on New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1, 2018 and will reopen on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
- 2018 S.W.E.E.P. Service operations will be starting during the week of Monday, January 8, 2018. Items must be placed curbside, no later than 8 pm the Sunday night prior to the collection week.
- Christmas Tree Collection Service will occur Tuesday, January 2, 2018 through Friday, January 12, 2018. In order to receive service, residents are asked to remove all decorations and lights, cut tree limbs to four feet lengths, bundle, and place curbside on their regularly scheduled yard waste collection day.
NOTE: New Tampa residents are encouraged to contact Hillsborough County Solid Waste Management at (813) 272-5680 for their holiday collection schedule.