City of Tampa Solid Waste Department Revises Collection Schedule for Thanksgiving Holiday
In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, City of Tampa offices will be closed. Customers who normally receive garbage, yard waste or recycling collection services on Thursday (Thanksgiving Day), will not receive service.
- Commercial and Residential Customers will not receive collection service on Thursday, November 23, 2017. The revised collection schedule for the affected customers is as follows:
- Customers who normally receive service on Thursday, will receive collection on Friday, November 24, 2017.
- Customers who normally receive service on Friday, will receive collection on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
- McKay Bay Transfer Station and Scale House will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 23, 2017 and will reopen on Friday, November 24, 2017.
- S.W.E.E.P. Service operations will continue during the week of Monday, November 20, 2017; with the exception of Thursday, November 23rd. Items must be placed curbside, no later than 8 pm the Sunday night prior to the collection week.
Regular Solid Waste collection service schedules will resume Monday, November 27, 2017.
Customers may contact the City of Tampa Utilities Consolidated Call Center at (813) 274-8811, or visit the website at www.tampagov.net/solidwaste if they have any questions or concerns. Please note that there will be two (2) additional non-collection days in 2017-18 as a result of the upcoming holidays (Christmas and New Year’s). Advance notice of those non-collection days will be provided.
NOTE: New Tampa residents are encouraged to contact Hillsborough County Solid Waste Management at (813) 272-5680 for their holiday collection schedule.