City of Tampa Solid Waste Departments 2019 S.W.E.E.P Collection Service
The City of Tampa’s Department of Solid Waste and Environmental Program Management will begin its annual S.W.E.E.P collection service on Monday, January 7, 2019. The program offers city of Tampa residential customers with a one-time courtesy curbside bulky debris collection service at scheduled times throughout the year. See Sweep Schedule.
Residents can look up their scheduled collection dates through an interactive residential S.W.E.E.P. map located on the department’s website at www.Tampagov.net/SolidWaste. The complete list of program requirements can also be found on the website. Key program guidelines include:
SWEEP Set Out Requirements:
- Items must be placed curbside, no later than 8 pm Sunday night and no earlier than (5) days prior to the first day of the week your scheduled collection.
- Piles should not exceed 10 cubic yards to avoid additional disposal costs.
- Items placed in front of vacant homes or lots will be treated as illegal dumping and investigated by Code Enforcement.
- For safety reasons, items blocked by vehicles or other objects will not be collected.
Accepted Items Include
- Household appliances and furniture (including mattresses)
- Barbeque Grills
- Tires without rims (up to 4 tires total)
- Yard waste (cut down to 4 feet)
NOTE: New Tampa residents are serviced by Hillsborough County Solid Waste Management and can call them at (813) 272-5680 for special service collection information.