City of Tampa Solid Waste Department’s 2020 Annual S.W.E.E.P. Collection Service
Tampa’s Department of Solid Waste and Environmental Program Management will begin its annual Solid Waste Enhanced Environmental Program (S.W.E.E.P) collection service Monday, January 6, 2020. The program, exclusive to Tampa residential customers, offers a courtesy, curbside non-hazardous and bulky item collection service, at no additional charge. Collection occurs at specifically scheduled times throughout the year. In 2019, the departmental program collected approximately 4,063 Tons (8,126,000 lbs) of bulky waste from Tampa’s neighborhoods, ensuring its cleanliness and health safety.
Residents are encouraged to look up their scheduled collection dates through an interactive residential S.W.E.E.P. map located on the department’s website at www.tampagov.net/SWEEP so that they may be prepared. The complete list of program requirements can also be found on the website. Key program guidelines includes:
S.W.E.E.P. Set Out Requirements:
- Items must be placed curbside, no later than 8 pm Sunday night and no earlier than (5) days prior to the first day of the week your scheduled collection.
- Piles should not exceed 10 cubic yards to avoid additional disposal costs.
- Items placed in front of vacant homes or lots will be treated as illegal dumping and investigated by Code Enforcement.
- For safety reasons, items blocked by vehicles or other objects will not be collected.
Accepted Items Include:
- Household appliances and furniture (including mattresses)
- Barbeque grills
- Yard waste (cut down to 4-foot segments)
Customers may contact the City of Tampa Utilities Call Center at (813) 274-8811, or visit the website at www.tampagov.net/SolidWaste if they have any questions or concerns.
NOTE: New Tampa residents are encouraged to contact Hillsborough County Solid Waste Management at (813) 272-5680 for special collection information.