Events Canceled Following Local State of Emergency Declaration
Out of an abundance of caution, several events in the City of Tampa have been canceled or postponed. The City of Tampa has postponed the 2020 Mayor’s River O’Green Fest scheduled for this Saturday, March 14.
"We take our responsibility to protect the health and safety of our residents seriously," said Mayor Jane Castor. "After consulting with local officials, as well as a number of health experts, we decided that postponing River O’Green was the right thing."
In addition to postponing the Mayor’s River O’ Green Fest, the Tampa Convention Center has confirmed that several scheduled events have also been canceled. The below events have been canceled or postponed:
- Lifesavers Conference on Highway Safety Priorities (3/12-3/17)
- Florida State Thespians (3/17-3/22)
- Joseph Volleyball Molten Qualifier (3/18-3/24)
- Hillsborough Student Literacy and Media Showcase (3/23–3/25)
- West Florida Idea Exchange (3/23-3/25)
- ASPEN 2020 Nutrition Science & Practice Conference (3/25-4/1)
- Academic Internal Medicine (4-19-4/22)
Due to growing coronavirus concerns, several other public events have been canceled or postponed to protect the health of attendees and the community. The NCAA announced that tournament events, including games played in Tampa, are canceled. The National Hockey League has paused the 2019-20 season. Major League Baseball has canceled the remainder of spring training and is pushing back the start of the regular season by at least two weeks. The XFL has ended its 2020 season.
The following events have also been canceled or postponed:
- Cigar City Brewing Hunaphu’s Day – Amalie Arena (3/13)
- St. Patrick’s Parade – Ybor City (3/14)
- Ybor Saturday Market – Centennial Park (3/14)
- Tampa Pride Festival & Parade – Ybor City (3/28)
- EcoFest – Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park (4/19)
- Tampa Bay Seafood Festival – Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park (4/24-26)
- Kenny Chesney Concert – Raymond James Stadium (5/9)
A full list of canceled or postponed events can be found at www.tampagov.net/event-status.