The Internal Audit Department released its Call Center Operations, Audit 14-11
During the summer of 2010, the former Utility Accounting Division (UAD) was merged into the Water Department. Further consolidation occurred when the customer service sections from the Water, Wastewater, and Solid Waste Departments were merged with UAD into one multi-service Call Center. The newly organized Call Center also reported to the Water Department. The centralized Call Center has an authorized staffing level of 29, which includes 2 part-time employees.
As of December 2013, the credit and collections functions were organizationally re-assigned to the Supervisor of the Call Center. Functionally, the Call Center is responsible for handling the following types of customer requests and inquiries for the Water, Wastewater, and Solid Waste Departments:
- Initiation, transfer, or discontinuance of service.
- Requests for change in mailing address.
- Inquiries regarding their utility bill and related charges.
- Conservation material and devices.
- Requests for payment arrangements.
- Report water leaks.
- Report pressure issues.
- Report water quality issues.
- Notification of missed pick up (Solid Waste).
- General information, regarding hours of service, places to pay bills, etc.
The report in its entirety can be viewed on TampaGov.net