March for Babies - Saturday, May 11, 2019
Traffic is expected to be heavier than normal this Saturday around the Amalie Arena and Bayshore Boulevard due to the March for Babies. Drivers and pedestrians alike are advised to allow for extra travel time and to travel through the area with caution.
The walk is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. The street closures will begin at 6:00 a.m. and end approximately at 11:00 a.m.
The following streets will be closed.
- Channelside Drive between S Florida Avenue and S Nebraska Avenue
- S Morgan Street between E Eunice Avenue and Channelside Drive
- Selmon Expressway Exit 6B - Downtown East – Channelside Drive
- Bayshore Boulevard between S Rome Avenue and W Brorein Street
- W Platt Street/Channelside Drive between S Parker Street and S Florida Avenue
The City recommends that motorists use alternate routes to avoid traffic congestion.
The Tampa Police Department would like to remind all participants and spectators to report suspicious activity. If you see something, say something. No tip is too small. Report anything suspicious to the nearest police officer or submit an anonymous tip using the TPD mobile app available on iPhones and Androids.
For additional information, please contact:
Traffic Management Center, Smart Mobility Division
Department of Transportation and Stormwater Services