Partial Lane Closures on West Spruce Street and North Lois Avenue begin November 2 for Utility Maintenance Work
Starting November 2nd at 9 p.m., there will be temporary lane closures and restricted turns on West Spruce Street and North Lois Avenue while a department contractor vacuum excavates and tests the thickness of a wastewater force mainline pipe in the area. This scheduled maintenance will impact the following areas:
- Partial closure of the left lane on North Lois Avenue between W Spruce Street and West Union Street.
- Left turns will be restricted from North Lois Avenue onto West Spruce Street.
- Motorists traveling east on West Spruce Street will be restricted at North Lois Avenue.
- Partial closure of the right lane on West Spruce Street at the intersection of North Lois Avenue.
- Right turns will be restricted from North Lois Avenue onto West Spruce Street.
These restrictions will remain in place until 4 a.m. on November 3rd. The contractor will return at 9 p.m. on November 3rd to complete the inspection. These partial lane closures and turn restrictions will again be in place. The streets will reopen to normal traffic patterns by 4 a.m. on November 4, 2020, weather permitting.
The City of Tampa recommends that motorists use alternative routes to avoid traffic congestion. See all road closures at www.tampagov.net/RoadClosures
For additional information, please contact:
Eric Weiss, P.E., Director
City of Tampa – Wastewater Department
(813) 274-8039; firstname.lastname@example.org