Tampa Parks and Recreation Begins Next Phase of Reopening
On May 4, the Parks and Recreation Department opened 13 park trails, beaches, and dog parks and beaches. Starting Saturday, May 16 all City of Tampa parks will reopen along with the following park amenities. Residents will be able to utilize the amenities listed below only if practicing social distancing and gathering of no more than 10 people.
- Open Outdoor Spaces
- Kayak and Canoe Launches
- Tennis, Pickleball, Handball, and Racquetball Courts (maximum of two people per court)
- Disc Golf Courses
- Walking Trails
- Skate Parks
- Athletic Fields (must contact Athletics at (813) 731-9432 to reserve use)
Please be aware that certain areas within the park such as picnic shelters, playgrounds, outdoor exercise equipment, basketball courts, volleyball courts, and splash pads will remain closed.
The following year-round pools will also be open beginning May 16, but limited to lap swimming by appointment only, while participants adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Bobby Hicks, 4120 W Mango Ave, 33616
- Cuscaden, 2900 N 15th St, 33605
- Cyrus Greene, 2101 E Dr. MLK Blvd, 33603
- Del Rio, 10105 N Boulevard, 33603
- Interbay, 4321 W Estrella St, 33629
- Loretta Ingraham, 1611 N Hubert Ave, 33607
- Roy Jenkins, 154 Columbia Dr, 33606
- Sulphur Springs, 701 E Bird St, 33604
To reserve your lap swim time, please call the pool you would like to utilize. Appointments can be made for the current day only and will be limited to a maximum 1 hour session. For pool hours and contact information visit http://bit.ly/TpaPools.
Residents will be required to follow social distancing guidelines and gatherings of more than 10 people will not be allowed while utilizing any park, pool, or amenity.
For more information, visit tampagov.net/covid-19.