Tampa was ranked 2nd best city to retire according to Wallethub.com
Tampa was named 2017’s 2nd Best City to Retire in a recent study from the leading personal finance outlet WalletHub.com. You can find the full study here: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-places-to-retire/6165/.
To help Americans plan for a comfortable retirement without breaking the bank, WalletHub’s analysts compared the 150 largest U.S. cities across 40 key measures of affordability, quality of life, health care and availability of recreational activities. The data set ranges from cost of living to retired taxpayer-friendliness to share of the 65 and older population.
Retirement-Friendliness of Tampa (1=Best; 75=Avg.):
- 34th– Adjusted Cost of Living
- 44th– Annual Cost of In-Home Services
- 10th–Recreation & Senior Centers per Capita
- 24th–Adult Volunteer Activities per Capita
- 18th– ‘Mild Weather’ Ranking
- 17th–Home-Care Facilities per Capita
- 1st - Fishing Facilities per Capita
- 4th - Bingo Halls per Capita