Temporary Lane Closures on Florida Avenue to begin December 21, 2016 for Tree Installation
The City of Tampa will be planting trees throughout Tampa’s Downtown. The northbound right lane and bike lane on Florida Avenue between Harrison Street and Fortune Street will be closed temporarily beginning at 9am on Wednesday, December 21, 2016, as the City of Tampa’s contractor will be installing trees on the east side of Florida Avenue. Pedestrian access will be available on the west side of Florida Avenue at all times during the tree installation.
The northbound left lane on Florida Avenue between Brorein Street and Madison Street will also have several temporary closures beginning at 9am on December 21, 2016, as the contractor installs trees on the west side of Florida Avenue. Pedestrian access will be available on the east side of Florida Avenue, from Brorein Street to Madison Street, at all times during the tree installation.
The contractor will also be installing trees along the following streets:
- Morgan Street (Madison Street to Twiggs Street) West side
- Pierce Street (Washington Street to Jackson Street) West side
- Polk Street (Florida Avenue to Franklin Street) North side
- Twiggs Street (Marion Street to Nebraska Avenue) South side
- Jackson Street (Jefferson Street to East Street) North side
- Kennedy Boulevard (Morgan Street to Marion Street) north side
The tree installation process should be completed by 4pm on Thursday, December 22, 2016, weather permitting.
The City of Tampa recommends that motorist use alternate routes to avoid possible traffic congestion on Florida Avenue.
For additional information, please contact:
Brad A Suder, ASLA
Superintendent – Planning, Design, and Natural Resources
City of Tampa Parks and Recreation Department