Temporary Road/Lane Closures for the Hot Chocolate 15k/5k - Sunday, December 15, 2019
Traffic is expected to be heavier than normal this Sunday around the Tampa Convention Center/Bayshore Boulevard due to the Hot Chocolate 15k/5k. Drivers and pedestrians alike are advised to allow for extra travel time and travel through the area with caution. Barricades and signs will be located to assist with traffic flow.
ROAD/LANE CLOSURE SCHEDULE:
3:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- S. Franklin Street between Channelside Drive and Water Street
- W. Platt Street/Channelside Drive from S. Parker Street to S. Franklin Street
- Brorein Street (2 lanes on the south side) from S. Florida Avenue to Bayshore Boulevard
- Bayshore Boulevard from W. Brorein Street to W. Platt Street
- Bayshore Boulevard (Northbound Lanes) from W. Swann Avenue to W. Platt Street
5:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Bayshore Boulevard between W. Gandy Boulevard and W. Platt Street
6:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- S. Franklin Street between Water Street and Harbour Island bridge
- Water Street between S. Franklin Street and S. Florida Avenue
See all road closures at www.tampagov.net/RoadClosures.
The Tampa Police Department would like to remind all participants and spectators to report suspicious activity. If you see something, say something. No tip is too small. Report anything suspicious to the nearest police officer or submit an anonymous tip using the TPD mobile app available on iPhones and Androids.
For additional information, please contact:
Traffic Management Center, Smart Mobility Division
Department of Transportation and Stormwater Services