Traffic advisory: BOOM BY THE BAY – Thursday, July 4, 2019
This notice is archived content and this information may no longer be accurate.
Traffic is expected to be heavier than normal on Thursday in and around Downtown Tampa due to the “Boom By the Bay” taking place at multiple locations.
Drivers and pedestrians alike are advised to allow for extra travel time and to travel through the area with caution.
• Armature Works
• Water Works Park
• Julian B Lane Riverfront Park
• The Tampa Convention Center/The Sail
• Cotanchobee Fort Brooke Park
• Sparkman Wharf
If you are planning to attend the events, please visit https://www.tampagov.net/Boom for event location, transportation and parking information. ADA parking is available at all public parking facilities and on the south side of Julian B Lane Riverfront Park.
Rideshare Drop-Off Locations:
• Armature Works: N Ola Avenue at W Oak Avenue
• Julian B Lane Riverfront Park: N Boulevard adjacent to the park
• The Tampa Convention Center: Right turn lane on Channelside Drive between Florida Avenue and Morgan Street
• Sparkman Wharf: Cumberland Ave. traffic circle
Street / Lane Closure Schedule:
• E Madison Street – street closure – between N Meridian Avenue and Channelside Drive
• Channelside Drive – street closure - between S Meridian Avenue and E Cumberland Avenue
• S 12th Street – No Through Traffic – between ChannelsideDrive and South of S Cumberland Avenue
• W Laurel Street – street closure – between N Boulevard and Doyle Carlton Drive
• W Green Street – street closure – between N boulevard and W Laurel Street
• David Island off-ramp – lane closure – from Davis Island bridge to Bayshore Boulevard
• Bayshore Boulevard – northbound lane closures - from W Swann Avenue to W Platt Street
• Bayshore Boulevard – street closure – from W Brorein Street to W Platt Street
• W Brorein Street – lane closure – from S Florida Avenue to Bayshore Boulevard
• Davis Island on-ramp – lane closure – from BayshoreBoulevard to Davis Island bridge
• Platt Street Bridge – lane closures – from Bayshore Boulevard to S Ashley Drive
• S Beneficial Drive – street closure – between ChannelsideDrive and Harbour Place Drive
• Channelside Drive – street closure – from S Jefferson Street to S Meridian Avenue
• Cass Street Bridge – one westbound outside lane closure
• N Boulevard – street closure – between W Cass Street and W Main Street
• W Cass Street – eastbound closure – from N Boulevard to W Gasprilla Plaza
• S. Franklin Street – northbound closure – from Old Water Street to Channelside Drive
The Tampa Police Department would like to remind all participants to report suspicious activity. If you see something, say something. No tip is too small. Report anything suspicious to the nearest police officer or submit an anonymous tip using the TPD mobile app available on iPhones and Androids.