Traffic Advisory: Road Closures in Channelside for 2018 New Year’s Eve Fireworks in Cotanchobee Park in Channelside on December 31, 2017
Roads in and around Channelside and Amalie Arena will be closed for the 2018 New Year’s Eve Fireworks. The road closures will begin at 9:00 PM on December 31, 2017 and will remain until 12:30 AM January 1, 2018. The roads affected are:
- Eastbound and westbound Old Water Dr between Channelside and Florida Ave.
- Eastbound Channelside Dr from Jefferson St to Old Water St.
- Northbound and southbound Harbor Island Bridge/Beneficial Dr from Harbour Place Dr to Channelside Dr.
- Northbound and southbound Meridian from Kennedy to Channelside Dr.
- Northbound and Southbound Channelside Dr from Kennedy to Cumberland.
- Eastbound and westbound Channelside Dr from Beneficial Dr to Cumberland/traffic circle.
- A portion of S 12th St from Channelside Dr to Cumberland.
The City recommends that motorist use alternate detour routes to avoid traffic congestion.
A hi-resolution map with the City of Tampa’s suggested routes can be found below.
See all road closures at www.tampagov.net/RoadClosures
For additional event information, please contact:
Office of Special Events
City of Tampa Parks & Recreation Department