Traffic Advisory: Road Closures on Saturday, December 1, 2018 in Downtown Tampa due to Santa Fest Parade
Expect heavy traffic and delays in and around Downtown Tampa this weekend due to holiday events. Allow extra travel time. Travel through the areas with caution. Be mindful of pedestrians and cyclists.
The 8th Annual Tampa Tree Lighting Ceremony takes place at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park Friday evening, November 30, 2018. Festivities begin at 6:00 pm. There are no road closures for this event.
The 37th Annual Downtown Tampa Christmas Parade takes place Saturday, December 1, 2018. The parade begins at 11:00 am. The parade route is on Madison Street beginning at Morgan Street and proceeding west to Ashley Drive. From Madison Street and Ashley Drive the parade proceeds north on Ashley Drive to Polk Street where it ends. Parade viewers are encouraged to arrive as early as possible to avoid the anticipated traffic congestion. The 37th Annual Santa Fest takes place at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park after the parade until 4:00 pm. See road closures below.
ROAD CLOSURES: Saturday, December 1, 2018 from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Morgan Street – Cass Street to Kennedy
- Pierce street – Cass Street to Kennedy
- Polk Street – Florida Avenue to Jefferson Street
- Franklin Street – Twiggs Street to Madison Street
- Marion Street – Twiggs Street to Kennedy Boulevard
- Zack Street – Morgan Street to Pierce St
- N. Macinnes Place – Fortune Street to Tyler Street
ROAD CLOSURES: Saturday, December 1, 2018 from 10:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Madison Street – Morgan Street to Ashley Drive
- Ashley Drive – Cass Street to Madison Street
- Polk Street – Ashley Drive to Florida Avenue
- Gasparilla Plaza – Cass Street to Ashley Drive
- Tampa Street – Cass Street to Kennedy Boulevard
- Florida Avenue – Polk Street to Madison Street
Traveling from the north east – utilize Nebraska Avenue southbound (SB), turn right on Kennedy Boulevard (WB), left on Jefferson Street (SB), right on Whiting Street (WB) to Ft Brooke Garage.
Traveling from the north – utilize Tampa Street southbound (SB), turn right at Royal Street (WB) to take advantage of parking at the Royal Regional Parking Lot.
Traveling from the south and east - utilize Kennedy Boulevard eastbound (EB), turn right on Ashley Drive (SB), turn left on Whiting Street (EB) to Ft. Brooke Garage.
- Fort Brooke Garage, 107 N. Franklin Street - enter off of E. Whiting Street
$1.60 per hour
- Regional Royal Lot, 1200 N. Tampa Street - at Royal Street
$2.00 flat rate
- William F Poe Garage, 800 N. Ashley Drive
$10 flat rate ** limited parking** This garage will be at capacity early in the morning.
The Tampa Police Department would like to remind you to report suspicious activity. If you see something, say something. No tip is too small. Report anything suspicious to the nearest police officer or submit an anonymous tip using the TPD mobile app available on iPhones and Androids.
See all road closures at www.tampagov.net/RoadClosures
For additional information, please contact:
Joyce Rumfola, Transportation Technician III, Special Events