Recycling And Waste Reduction
The Recycling Division is responsible for implementing, monitoring and administering the Department's comprehensive recycling program.
Curbside Recycling Guidelines
|Containers & Non-Fiber||Fibers|
*Cardboard: Please make sure that cardboard is flattened and cut down to fit in your green cart. If you have large quantities of cardboard, it may be dropped off, at no charge, at the McKay Bay Refuse-To-Energy Facility at 114 S. 34th Street, Tampa FL.
Recycling Drop Off Sites:
- McKay Bay Refuse-To-Energy Facility at 114 S. 34th St. for recycling.
- University of South Florida Recycling Center: 504 USF Sycamore Drive
Located on the Corner of Elm and Sycamore behind the SunDome.
Cardboard, newspaper, aluminum, plastic and glass recycling.
Recycling Fun Facts
- We throw away enough aluminum each year that we could rebuild our entire commercial air fleet every 3 months.
- We throw away enough office paper each year to build a 12 foot high wall of paper from New York to Los Angeles.
- We throw away enough plastic soda bottles each year to circle the earth four times.
- We throw away enough motor oil each year to fill 120 supertankers.
- We throw away 20 million tons of grass clippings, dead leaves and branches a year.
- An average size family's yard waste can make about 300-400 pounds of finished compost (humus) a year!
Recycling Coordinator - Alita Kane
Fax: (813) 348-1156
Recycling Specialist - Vacant
Missed Pickups/Green Recycling Cart Requests: