We all had a great summer in 2019 and enjoyed the kids that joined us! We have exciting things planned for the 2020 Summer season and look forward to sharing it with you!
Wanna know what we did during the summer? Check out our 2019 Summer Camp Album on Facebook!
We will be opening our Summer Camp Hotline in March 2020.
Registration has been tentatively rescheduled.
All registration periods listed below start at 6 pm.
- Residents and Non-Residents Online and In-Person - Monday, April 27
- Residents Online Only - Monday, April 20
- Residents Online and In-Person - Tuesday, April 21
- Non-Residents/Open Online and In-Person - Monday, April 27
Online and In-Person Registration
You can get a jump start on registration with WebTrac, our online registration program. We strongly encourage this registration method, especially for our more popular camps. Most registration periods begins with online registration only; therefore, you will not be able to register with a staff member until the in-person registration period begins.
Preparing for Registration
Log In Information
If you are new to our Parks and Recreation system, make sure to create an account to receive a User Name and Password.
If you already have an account with us, make sure you know your log in information. Did you forget your log in information? No problem! You can request your User Name and Password online.
Annual Rec(reation) Cards
A current Rec Card is required to participate in all summer camp activities. They also allow access to age appropriate Open Swim, Open Gyms, Fitness Rooms, Game Rooms, and/or Computer Lab use. Those with active WebTrac accounts, may purchase and/or renew their Rec Cards online.
Note that teens 13 to 19 years of age qualify for a free Rec Card (Teen Pass). You must visit one of our facilities to acquire this pass, it can't be done online.
- Make sure you know your User Name and Password before registration begins.
- Late last year we changed our online registration home page, so please visit WebTrac to become familiar with the registration process.
- Prior to registration, make sure the child(ren) you are enrolling have active Rec Cards.
- Rec Card must be active through the duration of the summer program in order to register.
- Plan on logging into WebTrac less than 10 minutes before registration or the system may time you out for inactivity.
- The camp programs will not be available to select until the scheduled time and you may need to refresh the web page to be able to add the camp to your cart.
- Once you have finalized your payment, you will be able to view and print your receipt.
Summer Camp Financial Assistance
We have postponed processing applications for the next two weeks. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
We offer financial assistance to participants 17 and younger who are city residents and qualify financially. Applications can be picked up at your local community center or downloaded online.
A completed application and supporting documents may be submitted in person at any city recreation facility or mailed to:
Tampa Parks and Recreation
Financial Assistance Program
3402 W Columbus Dr
Tampa, FL 33607
R.E.C. vs. Specialty Camps
We offer two types of camps during the summer season. Recreate, Educate, and Create (R.E.C.) is our traditional summer camp, while we also have a variety of specialty. What the difference between our R.E.C. and specialty camps?
Time Frame: 10-week period (June 1 - August 7, 2020) Full Day Camp
Price per Participant: $80 for the time frame above (some locations have field trips included and are not part of this fee). Fee includes 1 t-shirt.
Description: Each year a Parks and Recreation committee decides a traditional summer camp theme. They put together activities, crafts, games, etc. to go along with the year's theme. Most locations will go on field trips an average of once a week. Field trip locations vary by site and the majority are within the Tampa/Hillsborough County area. Unless otherwise specified, field trips are not mandatory and may cost an additional fee.
Time Frame: 3 days up to 2 weeks Half Day and Full Day Camp
Price per Participant: $40 - $200 for the time frame above
Description: Specialty Camps are really just that. For the designated time frame they cover a specialized category, such as Visual Arts, Sports, and Aquatics related themes. Most specialty camps do not go on field trips; however, we do have some that spend the majority of their time outside of the center. For example, our Mangrove Marcus Camp is one week long and spend 3-4 days on day trips.